Why I Love CWH & CRV's

Started by LJ-TJ, May 07, 2014, 04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

• Hm? Why I love CWH & Classic RV's, We don't talk down to people. A newbee comes on board and asks a question that's been asked a million times and answered a million times and we don't talk down to them. We give them the answer right off the top and then we usually give them a link to the discussion on the board so they can see the presses that we used to come up with the answer we gave them. We don't make people feel like fools or stupid. We explain how to use the search program on the sit so they can find answers to other questions they might have and if they can't find it, ask again on the main board. Lauren who is not by any means stupid when it comes to tech stuff on how to use a computer just went to another site a site she's never been on before to ask a tech question a question that has been asked several times. How was she suppose to know. Boy did she get a talking down to. See if she ever goes back to that site or for that matter has any thing good to say about that site and the people on it. I know we drive Sob crazy most of the time but what a great site he has created and maintained for us. Thanks Mark, aka Sob, aka Pharaoh, aka OZ or what ever your name is. :)rotflmao

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

legomybago

This is a great site, I've done my best to reefer my RV friends to join and read up!!...........Now shut up and go figure it out for yourself :P
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Neil Carrick

"What those guys said!!!"  :)ThmbUp
Neil and Shelley

Odss91b

As one of those newbies I can say that I agree. Y'all have gone as far as separating my posts and placing them where they need to go. No berating, and instead of a public beating for posting wrong I received a private message. This is the way it should be done so as not to embarrass people. Thank you!

ClydesdaleKevin

This is the best RV forum on the planet, and Mark is awesome.  He has the patience of a saint!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Quote from: Odss91b on May 07, 2014, 09:28 PMNo berating, and public beating

I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING!!!
Fredric,

ramit

Oz

I really do appreciate this post, TJ and the replies by the rest of you.  I know exactly how LJ feels with the site she went to, support forums supposedly for non-computer geeks... yeah, you really get bashed badly if you don't know exactly what you're talking about... of course, if you did, you wouldn't need them, would you?  So, I've spent literally hundreds of hours figuring things out for myself rather than asking questions on those forums.  It's sad and frustrating.  And what's possibly the worst answer to a question you've ever heard (and I've seen it way too many times on other RV forums)  "RTFM".  Yeah, how degrading.   If that's all it takes to find out an answer here, either that info is posted, or, as TJ said, they're shown where to find it.  That's the way it should be done, IMO.

To be sure, there are many, very good RV forums out there.  However, I have to say that this one just seems to shine above the rest.  And it's not just from the technical knowledge people have.  That can be found in abundance pretty much anywhere.  Rather, it's the enthusiasm with wich it's shared!  There have always been members who can't wait to get home, get on the computer, and see what's going on here, and are so eager to help with info, ideas, helping to find info that's already here, and to assure each other that, "Yup, we've been there done that, I feel your pain." and, "If there's a will, there's a way, and we're all behind you in it!"  THAT's the real magic of CWVRV, and...  it shows everywhere you look!

:)

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

M & J

Beyond the information that is shared and stored here, it is a community. People with like interests are met and  friendships are established.
That's what I  like about this place. It's kinda like an electronic version of "Cheers". A place where everyone knows your name.

As to the beatings? Well, some of us deserve one every so often.  :)
M & J

HandyDan

I've had my hand slapped a couple of times here, but I deserved it.  I've hijacked threads, posted in the wrong category, posted pictures that didn't need to be, and gone off topic.  Mark has done a good job of reining me up and putting me on the right track.  At one time I thought I was going to get censured over a misunderstanding and what I thought was a humorous phrase, but it all got patched up and everything is well.  I enjoy this site.  It is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last thing at night. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Stripe

Quote from: oldrockandroller on May 08, 2014, 02:40 PM
People with like interests are met and  friendships are established.
That's what I  like about this place. It's kinda like an electronic version of "Cheers". A place where everyone knows your name.
MIKE!!
Quote from: oldrockandroller on May 08, 2014, 02:40 PM
As to the beatings? Well, some of us deserve one every so often.  :)

And the beatings shall continue until morale improves..

Which reminds me, if you've not been and get the chance to, check out the Tower of London..  Had I known what it was, I would've brought my ex with me.. :D
Fredric,

73dodgeTitan

Lefty

I've been here 10 years... That's a long time to be a member of an owners club, whether it is a real, local club, or one on the internet like this one. I would not still be here if the people here had the attitudes I've seen on other sites.

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...