$2500 1981 Apollo 3300DB renovation project nearing completion

Started by jondecker76, July 17, 2014, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jondecker76

Hello.  I'm new to the forums here and wanted to share the blog I've been keeping on a renovation project that I started 3 months ago on an RV I picked up for $2500 and took on a 6 hour road trip back home (this was the first time it had seen the road in over 10 years).  With our first trip coming up in about 10 days, I just have to finish some loose ends and finish the paint job.  I'm looking forward to meeting other vintage RV enthusiasts here

I've been keeping a blog at http://81apollorestoration.wordpress.com

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Schmitti

He would also like me. That looks really good and after a lot of work.
Have fun with the remodel  :)ThmbUp 

Greetings Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

jondecker76

Thanks guys

When I first started this project back in early April, I thought to myself "It's only a 33' RV.  I can have this remodeled in a month!"
Ha!  I would have never guessed that it would be so much work! (I still have several things that I'm going to put off until winter so that we can enjoy it for the last couple of months of the summer)

I'm rounding the last corners hopefully by the end of the weekend.  I have all but a couple of things finished on the paint job and it's really looking great.  With any luck, I'll get the front clip and grill, the doors and the rear hatch back on as well. If I can accomplish that then I will be on track to take it on our first trip this coming weekend!

DaveVA78Chieftain

I think someone along the way said something to the effect of:
Labor of Love

;)

Dave
[move][/move]

sasktrini

That is very cool!  Very similar to my '79.  Nice work!
Corey aka sasktrini

Groove

jondecker76

The project is getting very close to being done!
Got most of the trim work and lower basement doors riveted on today.   The new paint job is really looking great!

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

jondecker76

Just doing a  quick update

Got the rest of the trim and screw covers on,  rear hatch and grille,  front clip,  headlights and front grilles all put on.   Just have to get the bumpers back on and a few miscellaneous things and we'll be ready for our first trip on Friday

M & J

M & J

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

M & J

M & J

jondecker76

Good eyes guys

The cat is unhappy because he can't sneak in anymore now that everything is sealed up!

Wipers and bumper should be on soon - I have a tiny bit more plumbing to do tonight for the air ride compressor and holding tank (I just purchased a 1 gallon holding tank good to 150 PSI, which will also pipe to a standard quick connect for airing tires if we should ever have to)

I'm at work right now, and my wife just told me a package arrived for me today - it should be a range of glazing spline samples for the windshield.  As soon as I find a good match, I need to put the spline in too!

acenjason

What a gorgeous ride. Is that a tag axle? Is the air ride after market? I would love air ride on my 75 Brave

Lets.Go

Super new at this so I apologize ahead of time. On the verge of choosing a rehab project. We do not plan on using with hook ups and parks ect. I have looked everywhere to find the black & grey tank size, clean water for an Apollo P3500. Can not locate anywhere. I believe the fuel tank is 60gln (not sure if there's 1 or 2).

Thank you!!