Matching Onan paint color

Started by circleD, April 17, 2014, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

circleD

During my recent generator overhaul I decided that since I had it out of the RV and it's been tuned up why not get some of the rust off and paint it for the long haul. Once I put it back in I don't plan to ever see the back side of the heavy monster again. I was at Lowes with the kids and noticed that there were a bunch of spring colors in spray cans. I looked at the greens that were similar to the Onan color and I hit it with in 1 or 2 shades. The color is TROPICAL RAINFOREST #85208 and is in a Valspar can. So if you want to paint the gen set here you go. I did a test piece with half of it painted and it was identical so there you go.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Looks real good.  Will look like new again.

Dave
[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Ugggg...reminiscent of Seafoam Green.  A color I'll be happy to never see again...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

circleD

I understand Kev  :)rotflmao . That's all we had in the textile industry and most military facilities. Makes you think that with that color, Onan and the government are working together  Hm? . The price of them seem like it.  :D

Stripe

I know that Dupli Color Ford Green Engine Paint DE 1612 is also a VERY close match..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Lefty

Onan part #525 0305 is still available. This is the non-metallic green used after 1971
It is however, EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE!! $23.00 a can!!
http://www.m-and-d.com/ONA-525-0305.html

Congrats on finding a near perfect match at a much more reasonable cost.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

circleD

YEA! That's why I was looking for a cheaper version. I know most people want repaint the gens but after the hassle of getting it out I just wanted to do preventative maintenance.