Source for A727 Transmission mount

Started by The_Handier_Man1, November 25, 2008, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Handier_Man1

Sent: 7/10/2002 9:30 PM

I have a '75 Chieftain with a Dodge 440.  I have to replace the tranny mount but can't find anyone that carries it.  HELP!!!  I called a Chrysler dealer and he gave me a part number (3637751) but I am not sure if it is a good number.  He said that it could be a discontinued part. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My parts book does not list a number for the trans mount. It states to order by name. The book shows an illustration of a transmission mount that appears to be a standard Chrysler mount of the time; however, this illustration may not be the actual one for the M Series chassis.
     Can you describe the mount? The mount shown connects to the under the tail of the trans by two bolts that go up from the bottom. The mount is maybe 4" long, kind of A shaped with a slant, with an oval opening through the center. The opening contains a rubber isolator with a metal sleeved bolt hole running through the center.
     Let me know if this sounds right. I no lonnger have a Winnie to check.
Also state what is wrong with the old mount. The type I (tried) to describe above can be found, but in the worst case scenario you could have one fabricated.
     Cousin Eddie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it the steel crossmember or the rubber isolation mounts that are the problem? if it's the rubber mounts here's two phone numbers; 800-544-8665, www.steelerubber.com or 206-364-7151,www.engine-swaps.com
if it's the crossmember i'm sure a junkyard or some metal fab would work.  chip

I found one in a old RV in a junk yard that was in good shape. I also learned  that the part was discontinued in 1980.  It was an isolator that was two steel pieces with rubber in between.    mysteryman