Onan BGE Remote Switch Wiring

Started by DaveVA78Chieftain, April 14, 2014, 03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

LOL - Next best thing.  Support submarine equipment from dry land
[move][/move]

tiinytina

Yahoo!!! Thanks and more to Frank and Frank Jr...  Brad and Pat pitched in as well... 3-4+hrs of time and yippeeee!!! they finally figured it out. I was about ready to break things.. The diagrams didn't match what I have on my uber control panel at all......  My P2 connector is 3 over 3 not 6 in a row... one is missing and one wire is cut off.  White wire numbers didn't correspond to position in connector or switch.   Switch wiring not same etc.... I'll have to pull it and take a pix.  I do know on mine Yellow wire is on P1.  black (hot) on P3.... I was replacing screw cover at that point.... Being useful.. LOL...

My Onan manual (purchased from Onan) is missing 4 pages of diagrams.. one of which is my exact model... thus on here looking during repair....

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

M & J

M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

That style of Remote connector was used in BGE spec A through E.  It is not mounted directly to the board.  Spec F and later had the Remote connector directly mounted to the board.  I was thinking you had either a Spec F or G.

Sound like you got it fixed.  Congrats!

Dave
[move][/move]

tiinytina

Yea I have the E series... We pulled the board off and the wires from the P2 connector ran all over underneath and into the board at various locations.   But yes... hit switch battery reads, counter counts, light illuminates once the genny catches and can turn it off without stopping the RV getting out and using switch on the genny... life is good!  :)clap

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

M & J

M & J