Wiring Replacement generator

Started by Odss91b, April 13, 2014, 10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odss91b

I have a sneaking suspicion that my Honda EV 6010 is not going to get fixed. I can't get it running. Think fuel pump is bad $180. Then if that does it to make it run, I have a man coming to check the generator to see what is wrong with the charging, $120. That's just to find out what ill have to do to get it to create power. If its the windings, as I was told by the PO, they are almost $1000.

So here is the question; if I buy a generator how hard is it to get it to wire it up so it goes where the generator is supposed to go. I really don't want to mount it to a rack on the back bumper.

Stripe

As long as you find a genny that will fit where the old one was and it gets the airflow it needs you can wire in just about any generator.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Odss91b

What do I need to look at as far as specs on the gen set as concerned. Brands recommended etc?   i??

Oz

Here's the factory brochure with OEM genrator options.  PG 18 has the generator specs.  Just match them to your model.  28' and longer models had the 6.5 (onan) and 7k (kohler) as the larger options.  As for brands, Onan & Kohler have been the mainstays like forever.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/products/previous-models/1989/pdfs/winnebago/89-Chieftain-bro.pdf
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca