New UK member, '87 Chieftain 22RC :D

Started by Wbago, April 10, 2014, 04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wbago

Bedroom Gutted, ready for sanding and paint ...
Mechanic visited, parts ordered, next wednesday for the service :)
started first time while he was here, now just goes click lol .. . battery, im assuming :P

Neil Carrick

My missis is off buying new bedroom blinds today, and paint for the cupboards, im gonna start sanding today and removing catches ..

Apparently when they called it a "MOTOR HOME" and not a motor camper...  the option of changing the flooring, wall décor and countertops are completely at the whim of the lady of the motorhome.  There will be no roughing it!!   :)rotflmao

We pick up our new countertop tomorrow!   N:(
Neil and Shelley

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

UK-Winnie

........nostalgia is not what it used to be

LJ-TJ

Hey what's the going price per liter for petrol in the UK these days. i??

UK-Winnie

LJ-TJ

Yep! Thanks mate were $1.30 a liter here in Canada. The argument here has always be geeeees yeah know what gas is a liter in the UK? Well looks like they finally succeeded in running our gas prices up to match yours. The good part for me is I'm about a hour and a half from the U.S. boarder where I can get gas for like $3.00 a gallon which allows the wife and I to still afford to take a vacation in the States. To bad Canada.

UK-Winnie

But my 1.30 was in pounds - the Canadian dollar is only about half of the British pound.

I refuse to be beaten though - I have four vehicles all petrol V8s and ranging from 4.7 to 6.6 litres.

Having said that the wife has a 1.6 hatchback which I do tend to use for most shopping type trips  W%

LJ-TJ

HOLY COW a $1.30 a Pound = $2.39 Canadian. Good thing you guys got Micras.  D:oH!

UK-Winnie

My daughter is learning to drive - I have insisted she's getting a Micra

tiinytina

not complaining price of petro here in DC area then...  and yup.. its a home and needs to be fitted out as one! LOL... enough to be comfortable and happy in it that is...   
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Wbago

This is why im glad mines LPG :D

daily car is a 2.5 jaguar x-type, not exactly frugal either lol :P

Stripe

Looks like that 'Bago has had a bit of an "owie" to its right front corner.

BTW, I think I have you all beat, I have NO small cylinder car now the 944 is sold.  So now I drive a 2000 Land Rover Discovery II that if I am lucky gets about 15 to 18 MPG Highway..  Not sure yet on the 'Aluminum Goose'...
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Wbago

yup, she had a good smack at sometime, broke the windscreen and cracked/broke loads of the dash, but now all sort of repaired :D

seems to have happened a while ago, so im just gonna cover the dash and leave the outside bit :D