Need Hadley air horn manuals or mounting information.

Started by Rickf1985, April 05, 2014, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Does anyone have any manuals or diagrams or best, pictures of how the horns mount to the roof?
Mine have a TON of different sealants gobbed all over the back of them and under the front of the bell which is right over the front cap seam which I need to reseal. I can't get to the seam to put Eternabond on it without removing the horns. I have a trip coming up in four weeks and I don't know if I am going to get everything do in time but I sure am going to try.

Stripe

I will bet dollars to doughnuts that these guys will get you a copy somehow...

http://www.hadleyadvantage.com/support
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Rickf1985

Yea, I found them online and talked to them but all they could do for me is to send me an installation guide. I had already found that online. I was hoping to find someone who had to do what I am doing. I think what it is going to come down to is I am going to have to work around the horn bell as best I can and then slide the Eternabond in under the horn with the backer on it and peel the backer off while it is under the horn and hope for the best. In order to do anything with the horns I am going to have to remove a LOT of sealant just to get to the mounting hardware and I will probably need to get to the underneath also. I plan to pull the headliner soon anyway so I am going to wait until I do that to tackle the horns. I am going to set the horns up with a lanyard and eliminate all the electrical garbage that does not work.

Stripe

Well, have you seen my roof redo post?  I used a heat gun to remove the gunk that was used to seal the screws and mount on my horns.

Here is the link.  I did not do a post on the horn and spotlight fixture. But if you look at the photos you can see my horns and spotlight and the gunk the PO piled up on them..
The heat gun did a great job softening it up for removal.  Found they were both held down by decent screws.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,7677.0.html
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28