designers needed

Started by moonlitcoyote, March 25, 2014, 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlitcoyote

I am in a painting mood, but I am terrible at choosing colors. So I am hoping someone can help me. (Blue is my favorite color) I would like to go with a darkish blue rug and you can see the color of my captains chairs is a lighter blue. I want to paint everything you see, cupboards included. I do not have a couch or table to worry about matching at this time. I dont have any furniture except the captains chairs. All idea's welcome and appreciated.  Hm?

joanfenn

Well you could try to match the cupboards to the chairs and paint the walls a grey/blue color in a lighter shade. 

DaveVA78Chieftain

Mine 10 years ago after rework.  It was a blue / grey theme

[move][/move]

Froggy1936

Highly reccomend using light colors as much as possible To eliminate the cave effect of dark colors . Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

TripleJ

I'm not 100% certain how I would go about choosing colors, but I might look around at newer units and see if you like any of their color schemes. Google images should have some ideas if you like the neutral look
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

M & J

I remember those seats. What a bargain.
M & J

Rickf1985

I don't know, maybe it is just me but I feel that painting finished wood is a sacrilege!  N:( I love the look of wood. Hm?

moonlitcoyote

I usually do also, but the whole thing is the same everywhere and I'm tired of it. I want to change it up so I feel like the rooms are different instead of just one big room all decorated the same.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Stripe

How's about this??  It has blue in it! AND the circle thingies spin when you don't look directly at them!!!
Totally freak out visitors!!!   :)rotflmao
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

tiinytina

I agree with Frank on dark color... I have the reverse problem.. a significant other who wants everything white..... thus... I do color walls in hte house.. one wall each room on main floor rich dark/bright the rest are white ..   I would do a white "wash" of the wood if you do want to change it up.. a transluscent stain, then on walls do your dark blue. or could be an off white but your window treatments etc would be dark blue.  You get a good dose of the blue you like while keeping it out of cave mode. 
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

UK-Winnie

Quote from: Stripe on March 26, 2014, 05:05 AM
How's about this??  It has blue in it! AND the circle thingies spin when you don't look directly at them!!!
Totally freak out visitors!!!   :)rotflmao

Designed by Groove McGroovy of Groovyville.
........nostalgia is not what it used to be

Stripe

Lol, UK.

Tina I would imagine the effect of three walls white w/one colored, the white reflects some of that color?  Sounds like it would and would be a cool effect..

I'm getting dizzy staring at my own post... ???
Fredric,

tiinytina

yes.. on main floor of my home which has cathedral ceiling the main center wall is "chili pepper" red, other walls adobe white but my curtains on those walls are burgundy which pops the color over as well.  In Gone... other than the oak kitchen, dinette table and bathroom counter I've kept the original wall paper and tacky wood work though we are slowly replacing the cabinet doors with oak vs cheesy stained pine.  Curtains are still original brown velour as just have had no time to redo them other than to reline them all.  I have made slip covers for the captains chairs, dinette and couch all are burgundy.  which replaces the 1980's Muave... ewwww.
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

moonlitcoyote

Got the living room mostly done, still deciding on what to do with the cabinets and need a carpet but thats $$ we dont have right now. Anyway, finished putting it back together just in time as Hubby comes home tomorrow. (colors arent great, took pics with my phone)

Check out the new windshield curtains I made..

And these new curtains, with buttercream paint on the wall..

AND... The door side

Now, what color carpet??? Originally I wanted a darker blue but now I think that will be too much, so thinking either a blue to match the chairs or a different color all together

joanfenn

moonlitcoyote

Thank you Joan, my favorite thing about the curtains is that I can look at the stars without getting off my couch (when I get one) lol

M & J

That looks really nice MJ. Janie made windshield curtains to go on top of the dash. I like what you did.
M & J

moonlitcoyote

Thanks ORAR I did mine that way because I like to put my plants on the dash so they get plenty of sunshine. Plus I think it will help to keep drafts out that come in through the dash area

davecaprita

moonlite, I can't put colors together either so I'm advocating the creation of "geranimals" for men. It's our only hope for stamping out plaids worn with stripes (the pattern not you Fred) in public.  In the meantime, I look at a lot of pinterest offerings.  There are a lot of very creative people in RVs and campers these days.  Enjoy! 

https://www.pinterest.com/campingroadtrip/cool-rv-camper-interiors/

M & J

Plaids worn with Stripes...  LOL And not Fredric.  Thats funny.
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Stripe

I likes it MJ..

BTW, Are you talking about when I am wearing my Kilt DaveC??
Fredric,

davecaprita

Sir, no sir!  I'm referring to those fashion challenged, sandal & black sock wearing, Member's Only jacket coveting guys who still make wardrobe decisions based on what Wink Martindale is wearing in todays GSN episode of "Tic-Tac-Dough".  You know, guys like me.  By comparison, based on the photos you have provided us, you sir are a veritable Ralph Lauren of haberdashery brilliance compared to my own rayon and polyester talents.  I would never cast aspersions upon either you or your Kilt because I too am a Scot of the far southern clan.     

Stripe

That reminds me, I need to find my leisure suit.. 
Fredric,