Ready for spring ?? Done any winter projects ?

Started by gadgetman, March 06, 2014, 10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadgetman

I cant wait for the weather to get warm and start using the RV. It just got new brown paint up top

[smg id=6278]

I also added 2 more solar panels this winter so it now has 6 130 watt panels set up as 2 3 panel systems. Each system should put out 22.5 amps. I have seen a total of 30 amps so far. Should get more and the sun gets higher in the sky. Solar is just too kewl !!! :)

[smg id=6277]

Its going to be a boondocking year for me !!! Music festivals mostly. cant wait. !!!

So what winter projects have you done ??

Stripe

GADGETMAN!!!  WOOO HOO!!

Welcome back..
The rig is looking nice!
We've only had one day of winter here in Seattle, the rest has been an extended SPRING..  The only thing I've done this "Winter" is troubleshoot a couple of electrical problems.
OH, I replaced 10 bulbs with nice LEDs..

Wow, I feel so un accomplished now..  ???

Lol
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

Just snow, snow, and did I say more snow here.  Brr, thinking not working!

Dave
[move][/move]

Stripe

Fredric,

UK-Winnie

Spring seems to be almost upon us here so I think the winter projects are going to have to wait a while or more likely be reclassified as Spring/Summer/Autumn projects.

I took the Winnie out today to visit a mate who may have some front seats I can use - some bozo coming the other way in a pick-up trashed one of my side mirrors - I take some comfort in the overwhelming likelihood his own mirror did not survive (I guess he's probably thinking the same thing).
........nostalgia is not what it used to be

Stripe

Quote from: UK-Winnie on March 06, 2014, 04:55 PM
some bozo coming the other way in a pick-up trashed one of my side mirrors - I take some comfort in the overwhelming likelihood his own mirror did not survive (I guess he's probably thinking the same thing).

May his boxers be infested with the fleas of a thousand Camels!!!
Fredric,

UK-Winnie

I guess he's going to need some bigger size boxers !
........nostalgia is not what it used to be

Stripe

Fredric,

Froggy1936

He, UK What about that loud unexpected BOOM as the mirrors made contact ? Been there,  Wile driving my 18 wheeler (back in the day) i made contact with a street car with a west coast mirror it was like a machine gun going off in my ear as the mirror passed over all the windows on the side , Amazingly the mirror glass survived  People on the street car,s undies may not have though Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

tiinytina

project on my list is figuring out why my dash genny switch is not working... replaced the switch. reads battery power but power goes to zero if pressed.. sometimes I can turn off the genny with it.... not always.. may need a new board on it  BGE-F Onan 4.0.  and for some reason I simply can't wrap my mind around electrical repair...  plumbing, engineering, carpentry, engines... not a problem... mental block on electrical...  I pay in home made lasagna/pit roasted beast/.... ... help! :-).  replacing switches, soldering wires, are my limit...

Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Stripe

Fredric,

LJ-TJ

Well we're still freezing out but off up here. I noticed a fuel leak under the rig where I put my new fuel selector valve but it's just to darn cold to climb under and see what the problem is. But starting to get the itch. Still have to run the wires for a few of the gauges as well as drop and relocate the fuel tanks along with removing the bumper extention I built last year as well as cut in a trunk door and then relocate the water tank. Oh and replace the gray water tank. Other than that we're ready to rock and roll. :)rotflmao

Stripe

Don't forget the...........................................................................................
Fredric,

73dodgeTitan

Hey gadgetman!  Rv looks great. I see you are near Lynchburg.  What music festivals are you hitting this year?  I'm in Alexandria and am taking the Titan to Delfest in May and we also hit the Festy in October.  Maybe we'll see you there!?! 

M & J

Lets see. Snow removal. Then some more snow removal. And wrapping up with snow removal.
Then finishing the ceiling - we have the vinyl... And fixing the cracked black tank drain lines when Stripe gets here.
M & J

DaveVA78Chieftain

Lets see. Snow removal. Then some more snow removal. And planning for even more snow removal.

Purchased an Atwood Gas/Electric DSI Water Heater that I have to install when the snow and cold disappear.

Collected most of the parts to upgrade to a 130 amp Ford 3G alternator sometime later this coming summer.

Built the wifes website

Added a boatload of P30 manuals to the Free manuals section of our web site.

Dave
[move][/move]

Lefty

It's been raining here today, and cold. been too busy remodeling the kitchen in our house to fool with the fifth wheel we bought back in January. I did replace one of the rooftop vent assemblies because the old one leaked... as well as recoated the front section of the roof with white elastomeric roof coating. Does that count?? lol

Went out Tuesday and put a gallon of fresh gas in my 1988 John Deere STX38, it fired right up the first try after sitting all winter outside under a tree... and yes, it's as nasty as you'd think after sitting for 4 months under a tree too  :(
but, it mowed the yard.. and that's what matters.
Loaded two loads of construction debris into my dually and hauled it off... Yard looks way better.

Had a company come out & install one of those ($695 double car carports Installed) a couple weeks ago. I like it, we needed something to cover the vehicles when it rains.. and can't beat the price. But... a 18'X21' carport is about 1' shorter than a 1994 F-350 Crew Cab Dually.  lol  my bumper sticks out in the rain.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

joanfenn

The only winter project we had was just getting through winter. :laugh: Bring on Spring :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :) :)

gadgetman

Going to Rooster Fest near Martainsville in May and will do the Lockin Fest in Sept. I will have to google those you are going to and check them out.

Stripe

I'll be sure to bring the hazmat suit and the weapons when I get there.. :D
Fredric,

LJ-TJ

WOW! While it's still cold out side we actually made 17c in the sun today now if that doesn't get the juices flowing I don't know what will. Got out to the barn for a few minutes and found the fuel leak. The weather is suppose to hold for tomorrow so all going well I'll get out and get it fixed. That will allow me to fire up the ceramic heat inside and I'll be able to start to get her clean up and ready to go. Wopeeeeee :)clap

DaveVA78Chieftain

You know it is bad when the temps are warmer in Canada (17C/62F) than they are in Virginia (5C/41F).   D:oH!
[move][/move]

M & J

We got to 58 today Dave. Still have snow on the ground.
M & J

Stripe

Fredric,

TripleJ

Gadgetman, your rv is a work of art. Is it that good looking in person???

On another note, I was really enjoying this long snowy winter until I bought the rv. Now I'm getting VERY IMPATIENT waiting for warmer weather  :'( :'(
'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28