Chassis manuals for the P30

Started by Rickf1985, February 25, 2014, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

In the manuals section is there a manual for an 89 P30? I hear people referencing it but I can only find up to 85. Also I see the listing for the Jetco Air ride but all that comes up is the MOR/Ryde.

Rick

Stripe

Rick, here is the link to the page of free manuals.  http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/page,page558.html

The Chevy parts and Maint manual covers MY's '79-'94 The Mediafire PW is on that same page, look for yellow font.

Dave or Mark, I click on the jetco and mor ryde and Rick is right, the mor-ryde is the only manual that pops up.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Stripe

Thanks a heap Dave!

There ya go Rick, the Jetco file you hopefully needed.. :D
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

Rick,
QuoteIn the manuals section is there a manual for an 89 P30?

For Chevy P30 we have the Chevy Motorhome Service Guide in the Members Free Manuals section of the web site.   The other manuals would be Winnebago Operators style manuals for the rig.

GM elected to produce separate Service/Repair/Wiring manuals for each year model so there are lot of P30 manuals (hosted with pickup data under light trucks).  Please refer to this post which tells you haw to locate Chevy P30 manuals.
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,4974.0.html

Do not confuse Chevy S-10 manuals with R-V-P 10-30 Series Light Truck Manuals.  You do not want S-10 manuals.
In the mid 90's GM broke out the P32 manuals into their own books (not mixed in with pickups)
And finally, around 1997 GM sold the P30 chassis to Workhorse Corp. which produced variants of the P30 chassis until GM stopped producing the 8.1L gas engine a couple of years ago.  The P30 chassis era is now dead and gone.  There is no longer a GM based Class A gas motorhome chassis produced.  The P30 Series did enjoy a long life though as it dates back to the early to mid 70's. 

Currently the only new gas based Motorhome chassis is the Ford F53 (ramped of the Ford F-550) which was first produced in the early 90's.  I have a sneaky suspicion it was born of the John Deere/Oshkosh chassis which was a Ford based powertrain (460).

I have heard Freightliner/IH/Oshkosh just might produce their own gas based chassis though.

Dave 
[move][/move]

DaveVA78Chieftain

The link to the Jetco AirRide manual in the Free Manuals section is all better now.

Dave
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

" Chevy P30 we have the Chevy Motorhome Service Guide in the Members Free Manuals section of the web site.   The other manuals would be Winnebago Operators style manuals for the rig."

I cannot find these manuals. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place or the wrong name? All I can find is the P30 Chassis, maintenance and parts and that only goes to 1984. As do all the others in that section.

On Edit, I found it, I had to try the link several times. It kept sending me to the wiring diagrams and finally it sent me to the service guide.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Glad you located it OK.   Let me know if you need help with any of the other stuff.
[move][/move]