Posting pictures in replies

Started by DaveVA78Chieftain, February 21, 2014, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

1) Grab the URL address of the picture you want to post.  In this case that was "http://cdn.classicpartsusa.com/images/products/GTN-37_L1_Main.jpg"
2) Select one of the Reply buttons to a post to open the Reply Composing window
3) Write your text and, leaving the cursor  at the point you want to insert a picture, select the image button () to bring up the URL location window.  Paste the URL address into the  window and press ok.  Walala the picture is there!

You can also grab the BBC code from a picture in your gallery "[smg id=5477]"
[smg id=5477]

You can also use the attachments feature bundled in with the Compose Reply window which allows you to upload a picture from your hard drive.

Happy fueling and picturing
Dave
[move][/move]

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

DaveVA78Chieftain

Thanks for breaking this out Mark.  I know better than to mix in stuff  :-[

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on February 21, 2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks for breaking this out Mark.  I know better than to mix in stuff  :-[

Dave

The question needed answered.  After you did, I made it this new topic.  I do it all the time.  It really helps important topics and info from getting lost in the original ones they sprung from.

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Nuttcaze

should also add that pretty much any image on the internet can be inserted in your post, depending on the internet browser you use getting the URL is easy, in google chrome when you right click on any pic, it gives you an option to copy the image URL, but when you paste the url in your post you'll have to remove the  http://   part of the url

DaveVA78Chieftain

Given I have only used 2% of my allotted storage space on Photobucket and given the large number of items I have residing there, for free I might add, I doubt I will ever use all of it.

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

It's not how many photos or even the size of them where Photobucket gets you.  I removed somewhere around a thousand attachments and put them on photobucket then embedded them.  Still didn't get anywhere near the storage allowed... but...

it was the bandwidth for viewing them.  With all the page views we have, it's astronomical.  Have you seen how many page views we get?  Take a look at the bottom of the main forum.  Under the "stats"... click on the "view more".  You'll be astounded, and it's getting more every year.

Someone take a look and post how many page views we had last year.

Stripe

the site had a total of 4885656 page views during all of 2013
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

That's right, Fredric!  Almost 4 MILLION, NINE-HUNDRED THOUSAND views.  Each year, more and more.  Now, I think I account for maybe 150k of those myself, but... the proof is in the pudding.  It's not about total number of members, it's not about total number of topics and posts... it's about how many people are actually posting, answering, and reading them as well! 

CWVRV... it's the place to be!   :)   :)ThmbUp