Hello, and looking for advice

Started by TripleJ, February 12, 2014, 05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks like its a single axle.  Probably leaf springs and not Mor/Ryde.  Either suspension is good, just one is more complex and complexity leads to more expense to fix things.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

The Mor-Ryde was available as an option on all 28-30 foot HR+Aluma-Lite class A Motorhomes.  But is Standard equipment on ALL Imperials.

So unless the original buyer chose that option, then Kevin is correct. 

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

TripleJ

Looking underneath it I remember seeing leaf springs in the rear and a massive sway bar setup, but I didnt know if the rubber spring was in addition to all that...

On another note, summit racing has edelbrock shocks for the rear of the P30 motorhome chassis on sale for $62.

'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

Stripe

No, it's either one or t'uther.  I lucked out in that the Mor-Ryde on my RV is in good shape.  The front coil springs were what I had to replace.  I used the leveling jacks to jack her up onto jackstands and did all the work in one day.  Not sure how to do leaf springs.
Fredric,

TripleJ

So like after checking out a few more machines, I came back around to the rambler. I can't believe the utter garbage that is out there. When you ask a guy on the phone if there are any leaks or water damage, and he tells you only a small leak above the driver side window... And you get there and EVERY VISIBLE PIECE OF WOOD IS BLACKENED, SWOLLEN AND ROTTEN I swear it is hard to keep calm sometimes, hah!

I left the guy a deposit and will pick it up in a couple days.

M & J

M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Fredric,

legomybago

Some of the rigs I've walked though N:( .......OMG!! It's hard to believe people can waste something so bad....You know when a rig is bad if you think it should be in a scary movie, and you don't touch ANYTHING inside..
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

LJ-TJ

Hm? So does that mean you bought it. :)ThmbUp

Stripe

Funny, after re-reading Eyesores' last post, it could be read as he got the one with all the rotted wood.. Just sayin'..  :angel:
Fredric,

TripleJ

Sorry, I'm distracted, plus typing on a phone... Yes, it's the rambler in my first post that I'm buying ???

TripleJ

a name and a profile change was in order since she's officially my problem now!

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

M & J

M & J

Stripe

Fredric,

Stripe

Now.....  MORE PICS!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!
Fredric,

TripleJ

Quote from: Stripe on February 27, 2014, 06:31 PM
Now.....  MORE PICS!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!

alrighty then...

I'll start with the most important part

TripleJ

TripleJ

M & J

M & J

joev

Looks really nice congratulations on your purchase looking forward to see what you do with it to make it your own  :)ThmbUp

TripleJ

thanks fellers. i like it, and yes it needs plenty of work.

the PO says the fridge works on electric, but something like he couldn't get the gas to light 

I pretty much intended to delete the TV antenna all together.

yes I am planning on using the pull down bed, unless I can think of some other arrangements for the second kid.

I appreciate the welcomes. I think you'll be seeing a lot of me

Stripe

From the looks of the roof pic, one of the PO's removed the roof storage bin.. I dunno what I'd do without mine.. :)

As far as sleeping, that pulldown has a cool factor with kids.  Did the RV come with a ladder to get up into it?  I found myself a cheapie at a RV wrecking yard.  I bet given the option of sharing the pullout couch/bed one or the other kid will gladly sleep in it.  I've used mine just to see how it felt.

Fredric,

legomybago

QuoteContents under the couch?

Thats awesome...

I like the black window frames too
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy