Internet Speeds

Started by Lefty, February 06, 2014, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lefty

Just curious as to how fast other peoples internet is.

I use Charter Internet, which is a cable based internet service. I just have the "Standard" tier of service, but as you can see it's pretty fast. I like it, and at $29.95/mo. it's a good deal.

If you wish to test and add yours, go to www.Speedtest.net  , afterwards, chose "Share my results" and select the option for forums to get a link that can be copied/pasted here.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Lefty

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

mrmuse

DELTA912

That's with BT running on a separate PC.
Found an RV. 1976 Dodge spotsman W/ 360
Family Wagon by Travco!

Lefty

The other one I couldn't figure out how to share and post the results.... But it was a little less than the first one, 47.6Mb/s download, 4.02Mb/s upload

Lefty

http://www.speedtest.net/mini.php

They offer a small version that can be added to a website... like a gadget... It'd be a nice addition to our site I think. That way members could have a handy way to check what speeds they are getting at campgrounds & such.

mrmuse

Wireless slows it down drastically!

mrmuse

piorun

ClydesdaleKevin

I thought our Verizon bill at just over 150 bucks month (2 phones, and a tablet we use as our MiFi connection) was bloody expensive!

Slow as heck, but faster than dial up...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Lefty

I pay $29.95/mo. for Internet, and $29.95/mo. for a home land line phone ... So total is $59.90/mo. for both.  My TV is thru Direct TV, And it is $69.95/mo. (because we have the Top 250 package,HDTV on three receivers, local HD channels, and  couple specialty channels we added... and we have the optional system protection that covers the receivers, as well as anything hooked to them (my TV's and surround sound system for example).

The internet is cable-based, I added a Wireless N router, which we use for the laptops, the Wii, and for the Direct TV Pandora app. My gaming PC, is wired via Cat-6 Ethernet cable to the router (it also has 4 ports in back for wired systems.). It (my gaming pc) has a PCI wireless N card in it, but I preferred a wired connection...

Froggy1936

We have digital cable with comcast Wi Fi in house Ping 14ms Download speed 27.96 upload speed 5.87  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

moonlitcoyote

Internet provider- Netzero dial up

Ping- 1878 ms
Download speed-.04 Mbps
Upload speed- .06 Mbps

Cost- Free

It's free because it's not worth having.