Arizona 2014

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, January 27, 2014, 10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

Kevin, I seem to recall you saying something about compromising between safety and ease of access to a pistol in case of fast need.  Have you seen this?

http://www.thegunbox.com/product.php
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

Seen them and great idea if you have kids.  since our furry kids don't have thumbs...well...lol!

HUGE amount of stock made...300+ Bandits and Twisters, 80 Mousetrap catapults (both desktop and pistol), 60 Torsion models (both desktop and pistol), 6 trebuchets, and 6 ballistae (3 of each).

Been a long week!

And now the weekend!

Hope the rain stays to the north of us!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Rained today, and every forecast said 100% chance of torrential rains.  Rained heavy only once for about 20 minutes, but was mostly nice all day with just a couple of sprinkles here and there.

Gotta hand it to Arizonians though...they aren't afraid of the rain!  Over 4000 folks came out today!  Not our best day in AZ, but certainly our best rain day ever!

Tomorrow is supposed to perfect weather, so we should do awesome!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Not much smells better than the dessert after the rain!

Kev

DonD

Rain...We got 1.3 up here on the hill. (4000ft)
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

ClydesdaleKevin

Another awesome day, perfect weather, lots of folks and sales, and fun was had by all!

Two student/school days coming up this week, so its going to be crazy busy!

Kev

Stripe

Quote from: ClydesdaleKevin on March 01, 2014, 11:17 PM
Not much smells better than the dessert after the rain!
Freshly Baked Cinnamon Rolls. ???
Fredric,

DaveVA78Chieftain

QuoteAnother awesome day, perfect weather, lots of folks and sales, and fun was had by all!

Another awesome day, 6" to 12" of snow, record setting low temps, shoveling the unending snow, and people stuck inside going crazy.    $@!#@!

:'(

Dave
[move][/move]

M & J

M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!  I remember a long while back when southern Virginia got 2 whole inches of snow!  They closed the freakin' bases except for essential personnel!

58+ accidents with just a light dusting of snow...lol!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Good weekend overall...4600+ folks on the rain day as a final count!

Spent my only "day off' running errands, picking up supplies, making a ramp for Barnabas who's arthritis was making it difficult for him to get in and out of the rig from playing too hard with the pups, and finished up around 4pm.

Yep...story of my life when a faire is going on...my "day off" starts at 4pm, and I usually only get one!

So remember that next time you feel envious of our off time vacations....lol!  When a faire is going on, I'm easily putting in 90 hours a week.

Kev

joanfenn

Hello Kevin:  when our dog was getting stiff we put him on Glucosamine and it really seemed to help him.  He actually started running and can hop into the truck by himself when we take him camping.  Takes a week or so to notice any real improvements but the effects seem to last quite awhile.  Glad to hear you are keeping busy and hopefully out of trouble.  I would say don't work to hard but I think that is impossible for you and Patti.  Give the kids a good scratch for me.  Joan

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks Joan!  We give Barnabas glucosamine and hyluronic acid, and lately the last couple of days an asprin 3 times a day.  Seems to be working and he's feeling much better.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

First kids day this week was awesome!  Fun was had by all, and the money was good.

Was running errands with Patti this afternoon which put us near our favorite gun shop.

Did I ever mention before how awesome my wife is and how much I love her, and that's she's the perfect wife?...LMAO!!!

There was an awesome Ruger Mini 30 at great price, and while I drooled over it, i walked away.  And she broke out 300 bucks as a deposit!

She wants me to pick it up this Friday!
Mini 30 with a Butler Creek folding stock and a 30 round mag.  SWEET!

Zombies beware!

Kev

Stripe

Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!

Awesome gun though...and she wants to go to the range with me on Friday after picking it up to shoot it!  She gets the first shots!  Also going to try out our Ruger LCR snubby revolvers.

Kev

Stripe

Sweet.  Looking forward to the report on that.. :)
Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

Last student day.  We survived!

And Patti had me go pick up the Mini 30!  Awesome gun with obviously a low round count, if the thing was even fired at all!

Gun shop owner threw in 3 boxes of ammo, so if we go to the range tomorrow, we'll see how well she shoots!

Found a local theater that is still playing the second part of the Hobbit for 1 buck!  That is our first priority!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Didn't get to the range today, but the Hobbit 2 was awesome!  Ordered 6 Ruger brand 20 round magazines from Brownell's this morning, so we'll be ready for the zombie apocalypse...lol!

We'll try to make the shooting range on Monday...we'll see how busy we get.

Kev

Stripe

Hey Kev, the way things are going, forget Zombies(Political or undead)..... 

Think Red Dawn. (The better Patrick Swayze version)
Fredric,

Froggy1936

Kev Better check on the aspirin thats a strong dose. Aspirin life is pretty long and strongest 6 hrs after ingesting  You did not say what strenth and wether coated or not .   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

Good point Frank.  Its the Children's Joseph dose.

He likes the cherry flavor...lol!

And Frederic, seriously?  Wasn't Stripper an 80s Hair Band Christian band?  LMAO!!!

Super busy day!  Great fun was had by all, and financially it was awesome!

One more day to go this weekend!  Hope I can find time for the range.  Really gotta shoot the new guns!

Kev

Stripe

Fredric,

jkilbert

The band was Styper, yes they were a Christian metal, hair band. It was funny I saw them when they opened for Mötley Crüe here in the 'Burgh. That was a weird combination.
Greetings from the steel buckle of the rust belt

DaveVA78Chieftain

Mark is on the beach laughing his $%^&& off.  He was a bit deranged yesterday   :)rotflmao
[move][/move]