CLACK!!

Started by DonD, January 23, 2014, 08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonD

Cruisin' along, heading for a nice campout and a car coming the other way....Good bye windshield on the driver's side. Was the OEM too, dated 1-86!

The glass is a Guardian so I contacted them and a replacement is being configured right now. Price TBD and I can use a local installer..Great folks to do bus. with.  http://www.rvglassparts.com/
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

ClydesdaleKevin

We have a crack in ours on the driver's side.  Top to bottom, been like that since we got it.  We got a quote in AZ, Apache Junction, for 450 bucks.  That includes the new install, the glass on the driver's side, and a whole new gasket that includes the gasket on the passenger side.  We'll probably have it done this year.  Just keep that figure in mind when they give you a quote.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

chicknnhead

lol my brother worked for guardian as a glass engineer until last year....when you work for them you got $100 worth of glass ever year
that doesn't sound like a lot but when you can get a 4footx6foot mirror for $6 a $100 dollars goes a long way.

you know that glass walk way that is over the grand canyon, Guardian built that. I think my brother said there are 6 Panes of glass for that walk way and they have to be changed out every 6 months. they need to be changed out because the glass is constantly being sandblasted by the grand canyon....he told me he would never walk on that thing...lol

DonD

3 contacts made:

Guardian=$1050.
Safelite=No call back after original call.
Local glass co=$400 complete.  <--------Bingo!!
Don and Mary

DonD

The glass guys will be here Monday afternoon!    :)clap
Don and Mary

DonD

The glass guys got here early, all finished. Looking   :laugh:  good!
Don and Mary

chicknnhead

always good when it works out

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DonD

Picture a WS without a big crack!    Hm?
Don and Mary

DonD

Don and Mary

Stripe

Nice! That is cool looking!

And the new window looks cool too! :D
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

joev

I bet you will have a lot less glare with the new windshield driving into the sunset now all the sandblasting from 1987 to 2014 is gone  :)