Air sensoride rear suspension down, Need location of fuses.

Started by Rickf1985, December 15, 2013, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

My rear suspension was working fine even though it would leak down in a two week period. I would just blow it back up. Went out today to blow it up and it sounded like it might have started and then nothing, it let the remaining air in the bags into the empty tanks. Now it is just about on the ground. The relays for the bag valves click in both up and down positions and the light is on for ht e manual control switch but there is no light on for the compressor and no compressor running. It acts like it is full or no power to the compressor. I know it is not full because when I hit the raise switch it went down due to no air in the tank. To the best of my knowlege there is nowhere to add air from a compressor outside to blow the suspension up. I just got this thing so I don't know where to look but I have been trough all the compartments abd have not seen an air fitting. Any help is appreciated. Sources for a new pump needed also just in case.

Rick

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

HandyDan

1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Rickf1985

Dan, Thank you for the paperwork. I have the instructions and the wiring diagram which was in the RV when I got it but I did not have the rest of it. Since I originally wrote the first post I found the JET company and sent them an e-mail. Even though they only make mostly specialty trailers and farm equipment I did get a phone message from Eldon asking that I call back. I have been too busy to do so but I am going to try tomorrow. I get the impression from his message that they may still have parts for this system. I did get it working, it seems to be a sticking pressure switch and it looks like someone has replaced the compressor at some point. Man I wish the compressor was faster! My air horn stuff is on the list to get working and I may tie that compressor into the tank for the suspension so when it is real low both compressors will be running. I was going to start looking for leaks once I got some jackstands under there but after looking at the air bags I think they will need to be replaced no matter what, they are checked and weather cracked pretty bad. Probably more from sitting than from exposure to road elements. Has anyone here replaced their rear bags from a common source?

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca