First Aid Kit

Started by ibdilbert01, December 03, 2013, 09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibdilbert01

Its always a good idea if not a must to bring a first aid kit along with you wherever you go!    I just repacked mine and figured I'd share what I bring along!

Rubber Gloves
Various bandages of all kinds
Sterile pads
Medical Tape
Cleaning Prep Pads
Burn Ointment
AfterBite
Anti Itch Cream
Tums
First Aid Guide
Triple Antibiotic Cream
Toenail Clippers
Fingernail Clippers
A GOOD pair of tweezers
Small sharp scissors
Safety Pins
Blistex
Chapstic
Splint Sticks
Kank A
Cough Drops
Ice Packs
Excedrin
Advil
Tiny Flashlight

I keep everything in a cool looking lunch box, they are big enough to carry all this and more. 

Whats in your kits?  Any recommendations?
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

mnoyes

i have one in my hunting container, never go without AMMODIUM AD, for those loose days, and benadryl.

joanfenn

Extra batteries for the flashlight But not stored in the flashlight.

dezertgurl

In each of my vehicles my medkit includes a few ounces of water for washing the debris off skinned knuckles or so forth when I might not be near a water faucet. Of course I try to rotate out those water bottles frequently so it doesn't get too yucky from age! I also carry an eyedropper bottle with chlorine bleach in my "out-in-the-wilds" backpack, for purifying stream water if needed.
Just sold 1973 Winnie D20 Brave

Stripe

I have bags of lactated ringers + saline, tactical turniquets, bullet trauma kits large wound gauze, medic scissors (damn things cut pennies), flexible splints, thermometer, antibiotics, vetwrap various needles, cat gut and sewing needles and IV kits and a couple Individual First Aid Kits.. (IFAK for short) 

The kits can be used on K9's as well as People..

Oh and a digital thermometer.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Lefty

I have always carried a first aid kit mounted in whatever RV or travel trailer we have owned... you never know when you might need it.

You can get a nice basic kit for as little as $15 on Amazon.com  just search "First Aid Kits". Better kits run around $25-$30 range... And if you want a fantastic kit that can cover pretty much any emergency, there are even military medic trauma kits available for around $130 that have everything needed to do on the spot emergency field surgery. But seriously, a good general purpose med kit in the $25-$30 range will cover the basics well, and won't break your budget.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Lefty

Also, throw a tube of super glue in your kit... in an emergency you can use it to glue a wound closed, same as stitches.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Stripe

I forgot to list my super glue??  The vets in Afghanistan gave me a few tubes for keeping the cut on my partners paw closed.  I still keep a fresh tube or two just in case.  But I really do have all that stuff.  Not cuz I thought I needed it but cuz it was given to me.  Lefty is right though, a good kit for around the US$25-$30 range is more than adequate.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

tiinytina

vet wrap is key as are 1-2 of those crush and cold packs (stored at room temp)... they don't activate until you crush them up.  peroxide and isopropyl alcohol loaded as well.
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

dezertgurl

Quote from: Coachmanm500 on December 05, 2013, 05:55 PM
I have bags of lactated ringers + saline, tactical turniquets, bullet trauma kits large wound gauze, medic scissors (damn things cut pennies), flexible splints, thermometer, antibiotics, vetwrap various needles, cat gut and sewing needles and IV kits and a couple Individual First Aid Kits.. (IFAK for short) 

The kits can be used on K9's as well as People..

Oh and a digital thermometer.

Those flexible Sam Splints are great inventions. You can shape them into all sorts of MacGyver-ish things! And I wish everybody could have a pair of those scissors, I used to get them free from the air ambulance services so I use them for everything from haircutting to pruning roses. Don't use 'em on giftwrap tho, they have a slightly serrated edge so yer paper ends up jagged!  N:(
Just sold 1973 Winnie D20 Brave

ClydesdaleKevin

Since Patti was a former EMT instructor, our onboard "jump kit" is almost as extensive as Coachmans...although not quite as geared to battle trauma...lol!

Additionally since we have a dear friend who is a doctor, we keep a few tubes of a silver based antibiotic cream in the kit.  Its perscription only, but works on just about everything, including onset gangrene.  Amazing stuff.  We ran out of the silver impregnated bandages that did the same thing.
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.