New member, Hello and thanks!

Started by Slantsixness, November 24, 2008, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slantsixness

Hello everybody in the transition team, and the new temporary (or permanent) beta members!
I figured maybe it was time to say hello, (since SOB approved my application 2 minutes ago...) \
And a BIG thank you to all of the transition team. ;D
The new site is VERY familiar looking, although I have to say that having all the bells and whistles turned on is WAY better than some of the other sites that have limitations. :)

Sob,
You have outdone yourself. Thank you with all my winnie lovin heart. This Rocks.
(even the unfinished stuff is way cool.)
This is my first post on the new site as a member. And Damn proud to be a member at that!

Thank you all!!
Remembering My 72 D20RG Brave "Smurfbago" The old girl never let me down, and she's still on the road today. quick! get out the Camera... I spotted another junkyard full of Winnies...

Oz

Thank you, Tom.  You are all permanent here now as this is our permanent home.  It looks pretty bare, although I have put a few plants and curtains (did I actually say that?) around to make it more homey.

I really hope you take some time to beat up on as many features as you can.  I've already found, in the 2 minutes you've been here, Tom, that having you guys come on board first was a very good move.  This post already alerted me to a setting I didn't even know existed but which really needed to be changed.

See, you don't even have to do anything out of the ordinary to help!

God, "I love this bar!"
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

JDxeper

Hey T,  just a note to let everone know I found the light and trying to find the way. ???

JD
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Cooneytoones

I second third and fourth what Tom said...SOB what a guy.....It does rock, and I want to thank the transition team too. It's great to be back at our new home.

Timmy :police:

MinnesotaTom

Well, HI guys! Remember ME?  ;D We may be Classic Winnebago-less at this point, but you don't get rid of us THAT easily! I figure the Eurovan Winnebago in our future plus my general peskiness qualifies me to be a member of CW.  ;) Besides, I got the bumper sticker left, plus the better looking half and I have the T-shirts, AND the coffee mugs, so we CAN'T leave!  :-X

This looks like an awesome format for what will be an equally awesome site. Sob, you have MY utmost congratulations, thanks, and admiration... How you found the time I'll never understand. Me, I'd be back there in the dust throwing my hands up and creating a Yahoo Group out of frustration. EXCELLENT work! Please let me know if I can do anything to help.  I already had to figure out how to upload my personal avatar which was a challenge since there's no "Browse" button. NOT a gripe, just an observation....I must be smarter than I thought though, so maybe I can help. Hehehe!  Feel free to email me directly, you have the address. With the weather getting decidedly Minnesota November-like around here I have a little time. I'm spending more time indoors, I have no Winnie to winterize  :( , and the motorcycles are put away for the season.

Okay, from this end there's the trial post as directed. Lemme click a button below now and see what happens....  :-\ Why do old pictures of A-bomb testing in the desert come to mind now....but this time involving my computer......?  :o Here goes.....

Minnesota Tom

Oz

Actually, Minnesota Tom, there is a browse browse.  "I will uplod my own avatar"... click that button and an input field appears with a "browse" button next to it.

- Mr. Bean

MinnesotaTom

Hmmm. The "Browse" button didn't appear.... I know because I looked REALLY hard for it.  :-\ In the end, I clicked on "I will upload my own avatar" but all that happened was the box stayed checked. . Then, I opened the picture (of my "T") which is ON my computer by using Internet Explorer, copied and pasted the address into the  input field on the CW page, and I was in business. Maybe a glitch Mark, but it didn't HAVE a browse button when I tried. No real biggee and not worth worrying about now, I'm sure. .

T

Oz

If it is a glitch, it's not with this forum program that I know of.  Every other member who has uploaded an avatar has used the "upload my own photo" and it has worked.  But, if someone else can't see the "browse' button, that's the workaround for it!

Mr. Bean

Slantsixness

Ok.. This is new. I am posting a reply from my blackberry.. Woo hoo... Let's see if it works ok.. This is a test of sorts... :)
Remembering My 72 D20RG Brave "Smurfbago" The old girl never let me down, and she's still on the road today. quick! get out the Camera... I spotted another junkyard full of Winnies...

W0X0F

::) So here is were everyone has fled to!

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better, Even have ;D 8) :P :laugh:smileys!

GREAT work Mr. Bean and all his dips.....

Herb

ClydesdaleKevin

SWEET job, everyone!  This is so much better than MSN! 

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to bring us all to the promised land...wooo hoooo!!!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.