1984 p30 wiring/fuse block diagram?

Started by PA85, November 26, 2013, 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA85

Does anyone out there happen to have a wiring diagram/schematics for the under the fuse block for a 1984 p30 chassis- Pace Arrow? I would like to label all my wires but I don't know what they are for. Thanks.

PA85

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!!!!

circleD

I'll check my manual and if I find something I'll try to scan and post.

circleD

Are you wanting the ECM or ESC controller or the gauge cluster?

PA85

The fuse block that is under the hood that has a lot of fuses. Not the one under the dash. Thanks for looking.

circleD

I found a diagram that's 2' long in the back of my GMC 1984 Light Duty Trucks service manual. Its in the very back of book. Trying to see what's wrong with my phone because pics won't send. It shows a fuse box with choke hazard flash ign and some more with the color of wire for each. Does that sound like it?

PA85

Don't know if that is it but send it and we will see. Thanks for your help.

tiinytina

in my 1987 the fuse block in dash is labeled but the labels apparently mean nothing as no fuse pulled so far does what it is labeled for... wiring looks original and not PO spaghetti but its still spaghetti... so don't have hopes up that the diagram will do any good.  I think they rewire to suit needs since the p30 chassis were meant to be work vans not RV's originally...  Chassis fuse system may be different... and not as "re-purposed".
Tina
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

PA85

So the fuses(old round glass) that are outside under the hood of the older1984/85 chevy p30 chassis- are they all house fuses or are some of them chassis fuses?

circleD

They look like chassis fuses with the words on each one. The house fuses might be with the house battery like mine. That's were the small ones are and bigger ones are inside.

PA85

Ok this is like the fuses panel similar to mine. Is this for house only? Thanks for your help.

circleD

The left side looks like my house battery compartment with the blue isolater, black solenoid for aux. start, 12 volt fuses for house. The right looks like factory chassis wiring with relays. Be I can tell man. My diagram doesn't have that much stuff. But it looks like they split the area for Rv and GMC

PA85

Does anyone have a diagram for the fuse block/panel above to identify each wire?

Froggy1936

Aww , Thats easy, Theirs Red ones Green ones Yellow ones Black ones and so on Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

PA85

Sprdtyf350

I have an 85 Fleetwood Southwind with a similar fuse panel under the hood. This cover is supposed to snap over the fuse panel. I don't know how much difference there may be between a Southwind and a Pace Arrow but they are both Fleetwoods so maybe they are similar. Hope these help..

PA85

THAT'S IT! :)ThmbUp  I think that will help,  I hope they are the same. Sprdtyf350, is that the outside or the inside of that cover, also which side would be left or right? Thank you very much for help and time!

Sprdtyf350

The one with Aux Start on it is left, converter is right, and the other is the middle. The labels face out when it is installed.

PA85

Thank you very much! I will try that when I get home.

Froggy1936

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.