1989 Winnebago Cheiftain 31 front shock options?

Started by rnbenson39, November 22, 2013, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnbenson39

My Winnebago 31rq has shocks with the springs on them, do I need to replace with the same shock? Have the air bags up front also. Shocks are done with, as front really bounce,s, but don,t bottom out. Was thinking I could just use a heavy duty shock. Thanks

Ron

pvoth1111

We call our coach "Charlie Brown"

ClydesdaleKevin

You'll want to go with Monroe Gas Magnum RV shocks...not those crappy spring over shocks.

You have a Chevy P30 chassis, and there are a lot of us who have replaced the shocks.  Do a message search.  If you have the Mor/Ryde tag axle, the info for the extra pair of shocks is on here somewhere as well.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

bluebird

Well I'm going to recomend Gabriel Ultra/Shock - Front. I've had nothing but problems from some others. Or KYB shocks. When I was doing the research when I had the Itasca, I found a web site out west that did suspension mods and they recomended Bilsteins, but said Gabriels were right up there, except the price. They sold both suspension kits, both put on or shipped. Autozone can get either shock but Gabriels are less than 1/2 the price # $40.00 each.