Winterizing check list

Started by maxximuss, October 22, 2013, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxximuss

Any one have a check list for winterizing they use? Storage check list for putting your RV or trailer away for the winter?

Stripe

There are several free apps available for both Android and Iphone.  I use RV checklist for Android. It's customizable and you can create and import lists.
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

1.  Load up RV.

2.  Hook up vehicle to tow bar.

3.  Drive south and west.

LOL!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

maxximuss

LOL Kev, wish I was retired so I could do that. Still have a lot of years before that will happen. Thanks Coach I'll check that out never thought about an app for that for the iphone, I was thinking more the old way pen and paper style LOL.

Oz

That's a very good item to have.  I did compile 4 nice, old-fashioned, pen and paper checklists.  I'm "old school" too and like to use that method as well.  I made a used RV buying checklist, a maintenance log, a travel log, and an appliance ID record.  What's missing?  A winterizing checklist! 

At the end of this reply is an even more comprehensive, downloadable, printable checklist to carry in-hand!

• Drain the gray and black holding tanks until they are totally emtpy. Spray the black tank using a tank spray hose attachment
  • Turn your 12V switch OFF
  • Blow all air out of onboard plumbing, or fill with antifreeze
  • Turn off LP gas supply
  • Turn off electric and gas hot water switches
  • Leave parking brake OFF
  • Inflate tires to proper pressure, and put small plywood pieces underneath the tires if possible.
  • Close all windows, window blinds
  • Wash exterior
  • Clean the awning and make sure it is dry before you roll it up
  • Clean roof
  • Put graphite spray in the locks and lubricate the door hinges
  • Cover up all external vents
  • Remove all perishables and anything that can freeze such a canned goods. Remove small batteries.
  • Cover the air conditioner, clearn the air conditioner filters inside the RV
  • Turn off the main breaker switch, unless you are leaving plugged in to shore power
  • Spray chassis and coach batteries with terminal dressing to prevent corrosion
  • Check for correct water level in the house batteries
  • Put fuel stabilizer in the fuel tank and run engine and generator 5 -10 minutes.
  • Change generator oil and filter
  • Make sure your windshield washer fluid is non-freezing
  • Turn inverter off
  • Leave cupboards open
  • Brush bugs off the radiator
  • Remove roof top air conditioner shroud and blow out debris with compressed air
  • Clean the refrigerator and leave the doors open. Put box of baking soda inside.
  • Flush out the hot water heater using a hose wand.
  • Change the engine oil and oil filter
  • Either remove house batteries or attach trickle charger. If not removing chassis batter, disconnect negative lead.
  • Unplug all appliances
  • Place Bounce sheets and mousetraps inside the RV
  • Wash RV one final time before storage
  • Use tire covers if you have them
  • Cover exchaust pipes with aluminum foil
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5176835   

Download the attached checklist below (complete with check boxes)!
Source:  Canada RV.com
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

maxximuss

Thanks Mark that check list is great! I'll be printing it off right now. :)ThmbUp