Class B Widebody - anyone have experiences?

Started by skodacanada, October 14, 2013, 02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skodacanada

I've noticed a few of these 80s era Class B widebodies (not even sure if that's what they are called) with most up here at least seem to have been built by Vanguard. These are the van front, dually rear wheels, rear door, but no over cab sleeping and less headroom.

Does anyone have any experience with them, positive or negative? The fiberglass body is interesting to me in wet BC (seems to have fewer potential leak spots) and they seem to offer a good blend of Class B and C features.

Below is a random pic from the internet, but I may go take a look at one shortly.

Oz

I don't have ownership experience but I knew an owner.  I wolud say the negatives are fairly obvious with class B RVs:   Limited space.

However, for the weekender who doesn't need a lot of room and is perfectly satisfied with minimal creature comforts, the widebody van has a lot of positives.  You still have the basics you need, but you also have the best manueverability on the road, the van "feel" of driving, and parts and info for the chassis is readily available.

As for most interior "coach" repairs and upgrades, they're the same as with the larger, Class C and A RVs... just on a smaller scale.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca