New Guy from Upstate New York

Started by Nuttcaze, October 08, 2013, 12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuttcaze

Hi All

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself real quick, My name is Marc, I'm 33 and own a 1986 Minnie Winnie that I live in full time. I've owned it for a little over a year and absolutely love it (Full timing). I am not currently traveling, except for the occasional weekend trip, I work full time still and have been slowly working on updating my RV before any major trips. Farthest trip I've taken was to pick up my brother from Norfolk Virginia last year when he got out of the NAVY, was a good trip though my average mpg was about 7. But for now I generally stay in town, I use my RV as my daily driver to go back and forth to work, not very far to drive and since I dont pay rent anywhere it evens out the bad mpg I get. Well I just wanted to say hi real quick,

Heres a pic of my RV with some of that horrible white stuff, Jan 2013

Stripe

Welcome! 
I'm originally from Syracuse myself.  Heading back there soon.  Traveling from Seattle then Northern Cali then some visits along my southbound route then kinda sudden like turn left and head north to N. Syracuse.  I'm retired Navy myself.  Look forward to your posts.

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

mrmuse

Welcome Marc,
I'm in Michigan and will be living in my D27 full time soon so if you have stories good or bad would love to hear them.

mrmuse

Nuttcaze

Dont have too many stories "yet" but thats sure to change soon.

I forgot to mention in my first post that I also have 3 cats who live with me in my RV, one is 10yrs, one is 7yrs and the last is only 3yrs. They dont mind being in the rv, except when I start driving, in the city the constant bumps makes things rattle and that scares the cats, on the highway though its much better for them, less noise.

Heres my oldest cat, his name is Fatcat and he's been my copilot since I got him, we drove to colorado and back a few years ago in my old car, he spent most the trip on my drivers seat sleeping. Here he's taking a nap on my drivers seat in my RV.

Stripe

Is that you flying the RC Helo?  That is super cool...
Fredric,

serenitygirl64

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy to hear that you love living the full time adventurer life... I relate 100%... Looking forward to seeing the changes and hearing about your home on wheels and you and your furry friends adventures.
:)
        Me and My two beez kneez of kittez.

Nuttcaze

Coachmanm500 - Yeah its me with the RC helis, heres my Bell 206, haven't flown it in a while though, been into off road buggies lately but I'm getting ready to build a new heli to do some aerial filming with

A video of it flying - [size=78%]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxG2rKtoq6I[/size]

My buggy, its a Tomberline Crossfire 150R with a few upgrades

Stripe

Fredric,