New to the forum!

Started by DragsRockers, September 15, 2013, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragsRockers

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, and somewhat new to RVing. My last experience was when I was about 12 when my parents and I rented one, and we used to own one until I was about 4. I'm 37 now and am working towards ownership of a pretty good craigslist find.

It's a 1984 Winnie Chieftain, 33RU. When I saw the photos in the ad I just had to take a look at it, even though I wasn't even in the market for an RV. But it looked in too good of condition, low miles and a good price. Everything works except for 1 leveler, and the 454 runs like a top. Pretty good tires with only 1500 miles, and the rig only has 21,000 miles on it. No leaks anywhere either.

I ended up getting it for $5500, but since it came up when I wasn't looking, I had to get creative in my purchase. So I put some money down and am in the middle of liquidating some unwanted/unneeded things and trying to get a loan. I hope to take possesion by the end of next month.

So, on with the pictures!

justdon57

Welcome! nice looking rig for the money! you are definitely in the right place online. Good Luck to you and enjoy it!  Don

OldEdBrady

Just keep this in mind:   You WILL find some problems.  They WILL drive you nuts.  But, somewhere on this site, there is an answer that won't have you spending the national debt.  welcome.

Oz

Ed's just repeating what his wife says about husbands...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DragsRockers

Thanks for the welcome!

Now to finish liquidating my assets so I can pay the PO off and get this gem home lol. Anyone NEED books, tools or model train stuff?? lol

Mytdawg

Quote from: Mark Sobyak on September 16, 2013, 12:49 PM
Ed's just repeating what his wife says about husbands...

Women marry men hoping they'll change and they never do, men marry women hoping they'll never change and they always do...   i??

We'll just say I've disappointed a few...

M & J

Whatcha got? Im only a couple hours south of you. Send me a pm please.
M & J