Where to locate volt gauge for best viewing?

Started by LJ-TJ, August 21, 2013, 08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

I just bought a Auto Meter Volt gauge and am getting ready to hook it up. Were would be the best place to read from. I was thinking of running the wire right to the battery. That way if there was any kind of a draw on the battery or charge I know right off the bat. What do ya think. Hm?

DaveVA78Chieftain

Your thought pattern is sound however, make sure you have a small fuse at the battery end.  No real current draw for the circuit (unless it is also driving a lamp) but you do want to protect the wire itself.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Haha I new you were out there some were Dave. Thanks :)ThmbUp

Oz

Okay, I totally misread the question - LOL!  I thought "best place to read from" meant the best place you could see it and read the gauge...

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

DaveVA78Chieftain

We understand Mark.  Really, we do understand!   :laugh:
[move][/move]

cosmic

above the radio. the flat plate comes out and you can drill a nice hole on the drill press. very easy to see.

James E Vining

Quote from: Mark Sobyak on August 21, 2013, 02:22 PM
Okay, I totally misread the question - LOL!  I thought "best place to read from" meant the best place you could see it and read the gauge...
Make that at least 2 People that Misread, I was Like what at the battery how can you see that, oh I get it now  :)rotflmao