Onan 2500. Mystery switch and dash start/stop switch doesn't work.

Started by oilmaninpowell, August 11, 2013, 10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oilmaninpowell

My fuel pump has a small lever on the side. Whats it for? See vid clip.

Also my dash start stop switch does not work. But there is a stop start switch on the geny. But I only get a spark when the second lower switch is set to hand start. Can the generator run for an extended period of time with the lower switch set to hand start?

ibdilbert01

Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

oilmaninpowell

oilmaninpowell

I'm not sure why the title on the post got changed. Perhaps for the better. ??

But the manual start stop switch does work. I just don't get any spark unless I flip the lower toggle switch (there's an upper and a lower) to hand start rather than electric start. The upper manual start stop toggle switch works fine regardless of where I place the lower hand start/ electric start switch. Question is. if I start the geny with a combination of manual electric start and the lower switch set to hand start whats bad things are going to happen??

oilmaninpowell

After sifting through videos on youtube, I think the mystery lever is to manually operate the fuel pump.

Madathlon

The lever is a manual primer for the fuel pump when starting in manual mode.

As to the start and stop switch I would look to see if the dash switch is worn out or a disconnected wire.

You may also want to check all the fuel lines to make sure there is no cracks in them.
Madathlon
   CWO4 Motor Pool Chief (retired)
   Onan Master Installer/Service Tech
   Mercury Marine Golden Wrench
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

Oz

Quote from: oilmaninpowell on August 12, 2013, 12:27 AM
Question is. if I start the geny with a combination of manual electric start and the lower switch set to hand start whats bad things are going to happen??

Your ex-wife moves back in with you...    i??
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

oilmaninpowell