Passing of fellow RV'er and Mechanic and friend

Started by maxximuss, August 10, 2013, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxximuss

Today I found out that a fellow R.V.'er, friend and my mechanic that has worked on my RV that did things I was not able or wanting to do had passed. I knew him for about 20 years as I worked in the automotive field as a driver/parts man. He passed suddenly from a heart attack, sadly... while on vacation. At least he was at a peaceful place of when this happened. I feel the need to share this as I know life is short and precious. He wrote a weekly column in the local newspaper about auto care. There were times even him and I would have not so good a conversation about when he would get his part etc, even one time I will never forget. He asked "when will I get my part?" me, "as soon as it gets here". Well I did everything I could, I knew, and I'm sure he did too. "when will it be here?" me..."I wish I could tell you, I'm waiting for the driver to get here and it will be right there." Him "that's not good enough I want to know when I will see it" me "I don't have a crystal ball, I can't tell you exactly when it will be there". Well that's when he told me where to go and hung up.

That was many years ago, and I look back and smile on it, I'm sure he did too. Well as a fellow classic car, R.V.'er, Muscle car, Drag race, all around car enthusiast  I will miss him and his weekly stories he use to write as I know many in my community that will as well.

Thank you for your years of stories and advise, tips, you name it, and above all for your repairs to our rides. We will miss you.

To all of you reading this I would like to say that life is short. Enjoy it as much as you can. Most of us on here know that very well. All being RV owners we know that its all about enjoying life and having fun. But I just cant say it enough, he was only 49, myself I'm 44. God bless!!

Oz

Thank you for sharing the memory of your friend.  All too young, for sure.  My sincere condolences.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

>GRIN< Many of us here have similar friends"Buddies" and stories to tell. And yes we know our time here is limited. It doesn't make it any easier when that time comes and we will really miss that special buddy. 49 WOW so young. I'm 65 this year, I drink in every day for everything it's worth. I constantly tell my Wife how much I appreciate her and love her as tomorrow may not come. I'm really sorry for your loss. Remember the stories and the good times together and celebrate his life and all the good times. He'll never really be gone as he'll live in your heart forever. When you get to missing him, sit in a quite place and ask him a question, listen very carefully and he will answer you.

doylexl

Sorry for the loss of your friend. I believe that mechanics are typically more intelligent than most people give them credit for and they don't care if you like them but they do want to be respected.  I have been in that field for over 30 years and am proud of my accomplishments and have made many lifelong friends. I believe your friend would smile knowing that you posted this and even though you had a few differences you respected him and I'm sure he thought the same of you.

Stripe

My condolences to you, him and his family...
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

GONMAD

My regards to your friend. I hope his passing was painless....  I have had 6 heart attacks in one day & died in the chopper & was revived after a brief visit with Christ. The pain was incredible & don't want to do that  again. They called it "The WIDOWMAKER" & it's 99.5% terminal & can happen at any age.I'm 63 now & that was 3 years ago. Watch what you eat & exercise your body. PAD or clogged arteries will kill a seemingly perfectly healthy person & you'd never know why. God bless your friend. C YA! GONMAD

cubano222

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my 34 year old son in a car accident this last May 4. I have had a horrible time these last 3 months. I am so thankful that I talked with him just 2 days before & told him I loved him. I tell all my loved ones I love them every day cause you never know when God will take one of us home.