Small issue with graphics hosted on Photobucket

Started by DaveVA78Chieftain, July 23, 2013, 01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveVA78Chieftain

To all,
We have been using Photobucket to host a lot of the photo's that we present here on CWVRV.  Photobucket has a max monthly bandwidth limit that results in a need to upgrade to Plus message for any account that hits the monthly 10MB bandwidth limit.  Fortunately the photos are not lost  and when the account reset date is meet (based on the day of the month that user signed up to Photobucket) the account will be reset and the bandwidth limit counter starts over.  It should be noted that this only impacts displaying pictures hosted on Photobucket on sites like ours.  You still can go to the users actual Photobucket page and view them there even though you may not be able to view them here at the moment.    Mark is working hard at remapping some of the images that have resulted in some excessive usage in hopes that we will not encounter this problem again.  Even so, some pictures may not reappear until the associated Photobucket account is reset.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause,
Dave

PS: Frank's (Froggy1936) photobucket account has also been impacted by this problem

[move][/move]

Lefty

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Froggy1936

David i cannot sign into my photobucket acct (wich i do not even remember opening it) Because the e mail address is my old address so when they send me instructions to change password (wich i also have no idea of) it goes off into computor space never to be seen again . So i cannot open a new acct or use this one there is no photobucket !!  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

DaveVA78Chieftain

I thought it was your personal  account but now that I look at the file location for the map in your signiture I see that it is in Marks account which was having the main problem.  Sorry for the confusion.

Dave
[move][/move]

DELTA912

I have a few photo site hosts i use. seems to work ok.
Found an RV. 1976 Dodge spotsman W/ 360
Family Wagon by Travco!

Oz

What's the best way to embed your photos?   i??

Make a gallery, upload your photos, go to the "edit" screen on your photos and copy the SMG ID embed code, and paste it in your topic.

How easy is that?   :)

• You don't need to get a photobucket or other account
  • You don't have to go to another site and log in and find your photos
  • You don't have a long link to find and copy
  • You CAN just go to your profile and get to your photos from there.
  • You CAN type above and below your photos
  • They are stored HERE so you don't have to worry about bandwidth.. blah, blah, blah.
Just be sure to set your permissions to "all" when you create your album. 
So many people are in such a hurry to post their pictures that they forget to do this and then wonder why nobody can see their album photos.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

James E Vining

This is sweet, I hate and always have Uploading my Photos then having to go copy the links and then paste and Like mentioned earlier if you run out of bandwidth allowment you pics are no longer linked, not to mention once you post a pic anywhere  you can no longer move it or anything.
DO I have the ability to upload about 750 GB of photos??
What is the Member limit as far as uploading space??

Oz

If anybody were to upload 750mb of photos, I can bet that 747mb of it would be deleted.  There are a number of issues I have with this particular gallery and it's going to be difficult to replace it with one that will be more user friendly for everyone.  Including me.  Whatever issues members may have here and there with features and functions, just try a day on my end. 

The gallery will be replaced and it's going to be a very agonizing move of photos to it and especially finding and re-linking the photos embedded in the posts.  So, with other things which have far more importance to the benefit of everyone, that's low on the list.  What we have works well enough for now.

DaveVA78Chieftain

hmm Mark, he said 750GB not 750MB.  BIG diff
[move][/move]

Oz

Gig or Meg, the required result would be the same.