Awning replaced in 30 minutes!!

Started by joanfenn, July 20, 2013, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

It was so easy, replaced the awning in under 30 minutes and only disconnected the one upright from the roof of the motorhome.  the old one ripped in a strong wind when we were at our daughters earlier this year.  Had one of those little microbursts that came from nowhere and started to shake the awning.  I ran out in my barefeet and grabbed one upright trying to get it down.  Husband at other side with the upright on the left side.  Uprights bent from the force of the wind, I am yelling, SAVE THE HARDWARE!!.  Daughter in center of the roller holding on for dear life.  I don't know how many times her feet left the ground.  We dropped latches from the bottom of the motorhome and held everything against the side of it so the wind wouldn't tear it anymore. 

It worked but the awning had to be fixed or replaced.  I wanted it replaced because the old colors were faded and the burgundy was long gone with the paint job last year.  New awning on ground ready to be installed. 

We disconnected the bracket on the right side top pulled off the old awning and put in the new.  The roller was braced by two saw horses so we didn't have to disconnect it at all and once the new awning was on reattached the arm to the roof  and we just flipped the lever on the roller and up she went.  Will have to make some adjustments when we get some hot weather so the new awning will stretch a bit and get rid of the wrinkles but it is done and it took the two of us about 30 minutes.  Now if all these jobs went so well we would have more time for relaxing.  You got to love it when a plan comes together. :)

Stripe

That looks really sweet..  :)

I only have one word for you after that!  Get a set of Awning Savers.... <-- One word...   :D
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

Great job - You even had time in there to take pics!
[move][/move]

joanfenn

Yes, I am well trained.  Resized the pictures and everything. :)