D19 76 Brave owners out there?

Started by Brave Frank, June 26, 2013, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brave Frank

Hi! I'm new to this Winni world and am loving it so far! Recently my wife and I traveled from Oregon to AZ to purchase our 1976 D-19 Brave. At first, I thought she was nuts wanting this thing...but now I know why.  Upon our trip home we encountered nothing but people wanting to chat about our "little" RV and discuss memories from their childhood. It was a pretty awesome experience for me as my love affair with this rig began to grow even more on this trip!

I am having a hard time finding people with this short model and was wondering if anybody knows about how many were produced, or left in the US? Also, I seem to be one of the few that have the toilet in the shower, as well as a large 2 seat bench on the passenger side. I have downloaded the manuals for the rig, so thank you to  MARK and DAVE for your help! This place is awesome! Let me know if you have any info on this model for me or stories of your own on how you got yours! By the way we only broke down 3 times on the road on the way up....usually at a gas station! LOL  BTW, That little engine has some pep going up grades! Amazing  :)
"DO or DO NOT.......There is no TRY"

LJ-TJ

Well Welcome aboard. I guess you've already found out how much fun they are. Look forward to hearing of your adventures. :)ThmbUp

Oz

Frank - From the late 1960s through the late 1970s, the name "Winnebago" was synonymous with "RV" and they produces thousands of each model, each year.  Once the "gas crunch" hit in the mid 70's and personal, expendable income began to drop for the "average" American family, more people started to opt for the shorter models and the class C styles.

I don't have exact figures but, I believe I can state with reasonable surety that there are at least a thousand of the short models still in service, or in restorable shape, just from seeing only a fraction of all the ebay and Craig's List ads over the last 10 years.

I can also tell you that we have 28 members who have 19' RVs.  Unfortunately, the member search feature isn't set up for advanced, custom field searches.  I started working on that some time ago and it takes quite a bit of code hacking to do.  If I had the time, I'd get it accomplished but, as it is now, by the time I finished it, we'd be 3 versions behind - LOL!

But, what you can do to see everyone who has one is this:  open a second browser window.  In the first one, hover over the "Members" tab above and click on the "Search for Members" from the drop-down.  Uncheck the first two boxes, checkmark the "length" box and enter 19 in the search field.  This will bring up everyone with a 19' RV.  In the second window, start the same way but uncheckjust the secon box and enter the first username in the search field (or just the first few letters of the username).  That will bring up that member.  Click on their username and you'll see their profile summary which will show you all the info.  Do that again for each member you have on your first list.  It's not the most convenient way but, it works.

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

cosmic