Oh where, oh where can my brake fluid reservoir be?

Started by Espiritus, June 21, 2013, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Espiritus

Can anyone post a pic of where the brake fluid reservoir be? My brake pedal is lower than I would like so I want to check the fluid level. . .on a P-30, 1983 Holiday Rambler Imperial, 33-ft. . .

Any tips on how to check? I am getting ready to do a run to Louisville, KY from Montgomery, AL, all 497-miles. Rode it last week and back on the motorcycle, and it is time to relocate for the summer!

Headed to a farm in Shelbyville, taking the "demon dog" with me to see if she is REALLY a stock dog. Lord knows she is a heck of a GUARD DOG! Wouldn't even let me into the RV the first week that I had her. . .

I might be getting too old for all this. . . :'(

ClydesdaleKevin

Its under the wheel well under the driver's side, directly below the pedal.  The lid is held on with a couple of bale wires.  You can use a flashlight and a mirror to check it, or just do what I do...dip a clean finger in to see the level...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Espiritus

Thanks! Appreciate the info and will go out with a flashlight, mirror and look for it! I read in the P-30 book that it was "under the floor" and I was, like, "what?"

Are you and Patti still on the East Coast? Are you going to be anywhere near Louisville, KY in the coming weeks? I am relocating up there for the summer if you are anywhere around,  I would love to buy you guys a beer or two. . .or three. . . W%

ClydesdaleKevin

We are actually en route to Elkhart, IN.  Northern Illinois at the moment.  But thanks for the offer! 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

M & J

We are about 3 hours east of where you will be down I64, right on the border of Kentucky, W. Virginia and Ohio.
Welcome to Kentucky!
M & J

Stripe

I'll get you that pic tomorrow. Had I had the laptop when putting my rv back in storage I would have seen this then and done it.

Fredric.

PS
I'll have my First Officer assist me..
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28