My First officer, Blake.

Started by Stripe, June 19, 2013, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

May he "Live long and Bark Happily" as his ability to prosper was nipped off at the bud so to speak...  And he has POINTY EARS!

I do have to admit, I like where he decided to lay down at when we are at rest..

Fredric

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

ClydesdaleKevin

Nice looking dog!  Siberian?

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Yes, mixed with, believe it or not, Lab... I rescued him about a year ago from a family that got him for a six year old to teach him responsibility..
It didn't work.  So now I have him..
His name was originally Blaze, (prolly for the eyes)but I changed it to Blake.  Liked it better..

Fredric
Fredric,

Mytdawg

Make it so, number one.  Just not on the rug...   :D

Stripe

Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

LMAO!!!  How's his temperament since he's mixed with lab?  We had a fullblooded Siberian a while back that we rescued that was an escape artist, could climb a six foot fence like a cat, wouldn't come back until HE was ready when he did escape, tore up our dashboard (he was terrified of thunder and tried to claw his way out the windshield), and very quickly learned to unlock the RV windows, slide back the screens and windows, and out he went!  That was when we found him a new home...lol! 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

He's actually gotten pretty well adjusted in the year I've had him so far.  He did chew up a couple of high priced items while I would be out but he's not doing that anymore, I think he realized that just because I left it did not mean I was not coming back.
As far as temperament, he's gotten to be a laid back, happy go lucky pup.  He loves going to the beach and just run around, took a few times of going to the beach to get him to not be afraid of the water (that and his older "sister" Sophie and me losing my patience and just tossing him into the water). One of the first times he DID go in on his own, he got "chased" out of the water by waves.. After my going into the water up to my knees he finally connected the dots he could go in and swim on his own.  Now he will chase rocks thrown out into the water and swim around..
This guy BTW has no grace and couldn't match a cat in any capacity unless you dressed him in a cat suit. And even that would be pushing it. As far as escaping?!  Yeah, he escaped a couple of times, but after getting disciplined and my socially depriving him when he misbehaved has all but stopped that.  Oh he LOVES to dig, nuff said on that subject as it is a point of contention between me and him as I hate having to repair the back yard and refilling his holes.  He stopped digging in the back yard at least.  Having a collar that either vibrates or zaps helped with that one.  There's more but I will save that for later..

Fredric
Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep...we resorted to the shock collar when Barnabas was a pup...he kept running out into the road when Patti would take him out, and folks on that road drove FAST!  Worked like a charm, although we don't have to use it anymore.  Just hold up a cell phone and Barnabas snaps to attention...lol! 

Kev