Shurflo pump went out, what is new part number?

Started by chicknnhead, June 02, 2013, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicknnhead

My shurflow pump went, can't seem to find any info on Google on replacement number

current specs
2.8gpm
12vdc
4.0 amps
45psi

model number 2088-403-444

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Ken

Just a point of interest on Shurflo pumps that may be helpful. Had one go in a truck camper I had a couple of years ago, Found that the problem was that the pressure switch was corroded so no power getting through so it seemed that pump was shot. I also found that this switch will pry out of the plastic casing and turns out to be a standard micro switch available at Radio Shack or most appliance repair stores, I believe it was N.C. ( normally closed).  $2 later I was back in business.

chicknnhead

thanks Ken I took the advice and it was good contacts!...

Coachmen, I ordered the pump in the first link, along with the extra $9 strainer. it will be here thrusday!

my old pump is only 45PSI the new one is 55psi, the new pump can be dialed back to 45 psi. Should I worry about that or go with the new 55psi? I have the old copper lines, I just don't wan to put to much preasure in the system to blow something out.

Stripe

I would err on the side of caution and stay with the 45psi just to be safe.. :)

Fredric
Fredric,

chicknnhead

Well got the new pump installed, I haven't adjusted the pressure down yet, but I tested it like it is and it works great.

Stripe

Great, glad to see it's all working out!   :)ThmbUp
Fredric,

ClydesdaleKevin

When you say your Shurflo pump went out, do you mean it stopped pumping water, or that the motor died?  If the motor is still running on a Shurflo, 9 times out of 10 you can take the pump head apart, wash the diaphrams in dish soap, reassemble the head, and they will work again good as new.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

I'll be saving THAT info for later use, just in case...

Fredric
Fredric,

chicknnhead

Well, I didn't really want to divoldge this..lol..but Kevin kinda helped bring it out of me......lol.  I actually hooked up the new pump and nothing. so I traced the 12v power back and it seems I had a wire came loose and off it's connector in the converter box! once the wire was put pack the new pump worked like a champ.

So I don't really wanna hookup the old one yet(it's too soon for the pride) to see it still works but i'm sure it's does. My pride is hurt cuzz I preach to my guys in the tech world first thing is to "always check Power"..and here I get caught with my pants down..lol

DaveVA78Chieftain

:laugh: Been there done that, got the badge to go with it.  No need to fret.

Dave
[move][/move]

Oz

Best thing is when you find out it's something simple in the end.  Reading through the posts over the years, I bet that's how it turns out 75% of the time... Yeah, it may be a wee bit   :-[  but, for all of us at some point, this is the RV boyscout club and we've all "earned" our "merit" badges, as Dave so aptly putit.   D:oH!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!  Been there done that too!  So now you have 3 options.  Keep the old one as a spare, sell it on eBay once you confirm that it works...you'd be surprised how much you can get for old stuff that still works on eBay and it might just defray most of the cost of the new pump...or do what we did and set up the old pump as a water transfer pump for filling your freshwater tank from jugs of water if you are boondocking.  We had no choice since our tank fills under pressure (same hose that comes in when hooked to shore power), not from a fill spout. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Stripe

Fredric,

chicknnhead

well i'll get to testing the pump and just keep it as a spare! at least I know about all the 12v wiring in the place now that I have traced everything!

SoakedKarma

had a shurflo pump diaphragm fail last year.. only got 23 years service out of it.. sadly the pump head design had changed in the last few years and I had to order a new pump as replacement.. Amazon was least expensive source I could find..