Coach power - 20/30/50 amp?

Started by docB1955, June 02, 2013, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docB1955

ny thoughts on the house breaker ? 20/30/50 amp?

Thinking I might start something in the project section.  This won't be quick or EZ, but it'll be GOOD when it's done!
Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid ~ John Wayne

Stripe

From the look, size and age of your "Supertrain" I would bet it has a 30 amp plug for shore power, so I would go with that if that is the case.

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DaveVA78Chieftain

Your rig should have a standard 120VAC 30 amp shore power cable plug (NEMA TT-30P)

If your wiring in your own service then you would use the standard 30 RV receptacle (NEMA TT-30R)

http://www.dasplace.net/RVWiring/wiring.html

Dave
[move][/move]

Alaskan Itasca

A Chalet is really what they call their rental models, they corespond to something out their regular line up, but they rename them Chalets when rented (as far as I know). We have tons of them up here since once they are done being rentals they sell them.
1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E

docB1955

Yes indeed, 30A it is...Found out this morning by.........................................
Looking at the plug.  D:oH!  Plainly stamped on it. DoH!

Stripe

Haha, I know, right??

Fredric
Fredric,

docB1955

Mine is just a "normal" looking 3 pole house style plug.  Doesn't appear to have been modified to the cord.  But it is stamped 30A.  I'll be running a dedicated line off the house breaker this weekend. Thanks!

Stripe

That reminds me, I need to put a new 30amp plug on my wire.

Fredric
Fredric,

ibdilbert01

QuoteMine is just a "normal" looking 3 pole house style plug.

A standard house plug "nema 5-15" is only capable of handling 15 amps.   
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

Oz

You know, that was a very good catch, Tim.  What's "normal" for a house plug certainly isn't normal for an RV and we definitely wouldn't want to make an error with that one.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

docB1955

Closer examination revealed there was an adapter on the plug (!!!) At least I know what kind of plug to wire in.  No telling how long that was on there or what it may have done inside. Good news is after a 12 day run at work, she fired right up and I got to play "musical cars" around the house to get her close enough for the cord to reach inside where the new plug will go. One thing I have on the want list is the main awning. All I have is the 2 uprights.  Poking around on the net, those seem to cost more than I paid for the RV!!! There's gotta be somebody out there that deals in used RV parts.  I'm all about cheep... anybody got any info?

Oz

Is that a 20, 30 or 50 amp awning?
D:oH!

*  Multiple questions of a different nature:
Make a separate Discussion for each question on its corresponding message board.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

docB1955

Ok, I'll use my age as an as excuse.... one of them "senior moments"  W%