Get mail, drivers license, register vehicles when fulltiming.

Started by moonlitcoyote, May 19, 2013, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonlitcoyote

So now that we are fulltiming it and we have no home address I got to wondering what happens when my license runs out and I need to renew it? Or when I buy a small trailer to tow behind the jeep, where will I be able to register it? And how will I receive these things in the mail if I dont have an address?

Froggy1936

Hi Ml A good sorce for answers is to join Good Sam They offer a lot of the services you desire. Also they have a mail forwarding service that you notify them of your current address and they collect it and send it there . I use my sons address and he forwards all important stuff to me wherever i am incl a few magazine subscriptions. You should carry all health insurance Drs info pets vacinations etc with you along with passport . Keep them in a fireproof container where fire is most unlikely  Most fires start @ refrigerator or engine/generator areas and thats where extinguishers should be located also near entrance door and drivers door if you have one !Good Sam towing service is better than AAA because they will only sent a tow truck that can handle any R/V  Price is comparable They also offer trip planning etc I have been a Good Sam member since 1999   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

JDxeper

Ditto, on Franks. comments, Good Sam ah a mail  program.  I believe they scan it and e-mail it to you.
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

moonlitcoyote

Nothing yet, we are using my fathers address for now so we can do vehicle registrations. And our drivers licenses run out in 2014 so we have a bit of time for those.

4winds

If you are old and retired as we are your insurance is good anywhere in the U.S. Not sure about young people, Good Sams could be a good place to ask.

jab2373

You can move to Arizona for a shot time, get a drivers license, then be on the road, Arizona license don't expire till you turn 65