Just saying HI

Started by Wayfarer Malang, May 16, 2013, 10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayfarer Malang

Hey
Just joined up a few days ago. I have a 1974 D19 Winnebago I found on a farm in Kansas. Hmm pay rent or buy a rolling home well for me thats a no brannier.. one hundred dollars later I moved in the rest I am just figuring it out as I go,, I am the second owner and its so amazing the many uses of baling wire, like to hold the bed up over drivers compartment.. I have been driving it and just found out it needs a voltage regulator which was my first lesson never say motorhome they look at you like you grew two heads and try to send you several hours away to a rv dealer but say Dodge D300 Truck and you get what you need. Now I am trying to figure out how the farmer or may be i should say why hmm still lost on this one used one side of battery isolator  switch thing as one side positive the other as ground hmm it did run. And how to track all the crazy wiring down he did give me 3 big deep cycle batteries 2 big propane tanks no body will fill a friend gave me one from his old gas cooker. The old air conditioner on the roof work but it leaked around it and I had no Idea so I took a can of spray foam and did the base it stop the leeks filled the gaps so i did the inside around the wheels. I have no idea what I am doing but I am having fun doing it. Jump in fugue out how to get out later.  In reading which is my favorite thing to do I am going to figure out how to uses the generator compartment f(its gone) for batteries and inverter and go totally off grid so I never have to plug it in. Ideas thoughts I love Mail.
Peace

Stripe

Look into getting yourself a Solar Charging kit.  Do your research, there are several topics here about it.

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Wayfarer Malang

Thanks for the advice but I am going totally solar in time with no propane so I need more then that. I am reading about how to make your own flex able panels and may be by fall I will have a friend make my roof more round like a sheep or gipsy wagon. If I could I would put an electric motor in this thing. A girl can wish cant she.
Peace

Froggy1936

Todays technology does not yet allow for wholly electric power (except a neuclear reactor and steam driven generator) But this would be extremly dangerous for public use (accidents Etc)  Do not eliminate your propane  In fact propane fueled veh are cheaper to run than oil powered ! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

Well! Welcome aboard. LJ and I just bought our 75 21 footer in Sublette Kansas and drove her back to Canada. One thing about buying in Kansas is she's nice and clean under neath. Makes it a hole lot easier to work on. If yeah get a chance post some pic's of the old girl. Seem like a lot of Yanks are going to RV's full time.Beats paying the crooks there over priced rent. :)ThmbUp

ibdilbert01

Welcome to one of the finest groups of vintage camper owners this side of the milky-way !!   

As a few folks already mentioned, we are picture freaks, we love to see pictures!!!    Could you share your source of flex able panel DIY stuff?   

Again, welcome!!!
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!