no batteries, no power, no ideas. . .

Started by Espiritus, May 12, 2013, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Espiritus

Thanks, Dan. The junction box under the sofa looks exactly like the one in your pic. When I found it,  the face cover was off and it had that look of being "PO Wired."

I have not located an inverter and my converter is supposed to sense where to send power, BUT in the manuals that I found, there is a manual for an isolator inverter that appears to have been installed near the house batteries and/or the generator. I gather that it would use the power from the alternator to charge the house batteries while the RV is in motion to run the lights, but I could be wrong.

In my battery box, there are no batteries. I am working on starting a new thread with pictures to try to figure out how to redo the wiring and install the new battery.

Gotta take the pictures first, and had to go stand a flag line for a fallen patriot today, and again tomorrow. . .

Maybe Thursday I will start a new thread. I sure am thankful for all of your help on this one.

Stripe

The isolator does exactly what you think it does.

Also, if you look at Dans' pic of the PACS 1500 inverter, at the lower left between the grey plug and the white plug with a bunch of wires coming out of it, you will see what looks like a small black dial, that is the fuse for the inverter.  To check it just push it in and twist, it is spring loaded and will push out when done correctly.  That way you can see if the fuse is still good.
Also, I've included a closeup photo of my battery box, the Isolator is the item in the lower left with the cooling fins on it.
Hope that helps,

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Stripe

Ok, re- re-edited WITH pics! ;) :)ThmbUp

So, did some line tracing and this is what I found.

Keep in mind I have the HR Imperial 28 so mine may be different from what you and Dan have.

I started here in the Wardrobe closet (the one closest to the bed) where my 12v fuses are.

That led me to under the bed, so I opened up the board closest to the side wall

Here is what I found. The converter charger.

Also, on a side note, under the couch, this is what should be in the junction box, next to the PACS 1500, just under that smaller box (it flips up), a type T 15 amp fuse. 

I really hope this helps you out...

Fredric

P.S.  I wouldn't tell you how to do something, but I WOULD ask if there were an easier way to do it..

;)
Fredric,

Espiritus

Especially since I already located the converter. . .I followed the 'huummmmm.' Actually, I found it earlier.

Now, the inverter, that is a different story. . .

I do need to figure out how to post pictures of my empty battery box so we can figure out what all it needs to have replaced, rewired, or reset. There is no inverter in the box. . .

But STAR TREK comes out today. . .and darn it,  that is going to take a chunk of time mid-day and a bucket of popcorn, so maybe Saturday?

Holiday Rambler, the final, final frontier.

Stripe

OMG! That's Today?!

I'm outta here!!

TO BOLDLY GO!!
Fredric,

Stripe

Okey Dokey, in order for me to fix the problem, i switched my photos to photobucket as picasa has problems with the link thing..  So I put them on PB and you should now be able to see all my photos in all their glory with text betwixt...

Lemme know if this helps..  Also, do you have a pic of what is under your scissor couch E??

Fredric
Fredric,

Oz

Quotedo you have a pic of what is under your scissor couch E??

Yes... an old sock, a couple chicken bones and some mouse poop rolled up in several dust bunnies.  I don't really think you'll want to see the picture...

:laugh:

PS.  Your pix came through fine.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Fredric,

Stripe

E, do ya have an update on how the power situation is going?
Just wonderin'..

Fredric
Captain of the Ground Ship 'Aluminum Goose'
Fredric,