CWVRV Stickers

Started by Stripe, April 30, 2013, 07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stripe

I promise to be objective.
I love them.  I got the Eyebrow and bumper stickers a week or two ago and finally put them on my RV this past weekend.
When I first went to put the Eyebrow sticker on, I realized my rigs shell wasn't "white". So, that being said, I decided I would cut out the Emblem from the rest of the sticker. And wow, looks sweet!  ;) :)ThmbUp

The bumper sticker I put on the spare tire cover.  Looks ok, except for the white issue, but I did not want to cut anything out this time so that anyone who came up to the RV and looked, it would have this forums' web address right there for them to see.
All in all, i give both stickers a 5 out of 5 stars *****.  Good price, quick shipping, and I even like the colors..  :)clap

Fredric
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

M & J

M & J

Oz

Nice job on the application to the front.  That had to be a bit tricky due to the angles!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

It was, I should have included the info that at the center radius at the top and the bottom of the circle, I had to cut a small pie shaped sliver to eliminate a bump because of the angles.

I also should have mentioned, don't forget to clean the surface with a grease and grime remover so that the glue on the back of the emblem and bumper sticker can adhere properly.

If you click the pic to enlarge it, you can just barely see the cuts.

Fredric
Fredric,

Lefty

When I was at the body shop, we had to install vinyl decals to many vehicles. From delivery trucks to vehicle striping.
To get the best results, here are a few tricks.
1: Wash the area with warm soapy water made using Dawn liquid dish detergent. This will not only clean the area, it will also remove any wax on the vehicle which can cause the decal not to adhere permanently.
2: Rinse the area with clean water and allow to dry.
3: Use Isopropyl Alcohol (available from any drug store dirt cheap) and a clean lint free cloth to scrub the area where the decal will be. This will remove any dried up bugs, tree sap residue, acid rain contaminants, or anything else that might get stuck under the decal causing bubbles. It helps to do this twice, once to remove the contaminants, the second time to remove any trace left from the first cleaning. Do not use Rubbing Alcohol, it contains lubricants that leave the surface contaminated and adhesives do not stick to it well. White Vinegar also makes an excellent cleaner and dries with absolutely no residue. Try it on your glass and be prepared to be amazed!
4: Get a small spray bottle, and fill it with clean water, a few drops of dish detergent (drops, not squirts...), and a capful of rubbing alcohol. The water and soap will allow the decal to slide around for proper placement, and assist in smoothing it out to remove trapped air bubbles. The alcohol assists the solution to dry out afterwards.
5: Slowly remove the backing from the decal, spraying the adhesive side with plenty of the above soap solution as you remove the backing... you cannot over wet it, any excess will just drip off. Spray the area where the decal is going to be placed until it is soaked.
6: Apply the decal roughly into position, and gently slide it around until you are satisfied that it is exactly where you want it.
7:Now, get a rubber squeegee, or plastic body filler spreader (Parts places usually sell an assortment pack for a few bucks.) and starting at the center of the decal, slowly apply even pressure and work any trapped air or water out from under the decal. Work slowly, and be gentle to prevent tearing or stretching the decal.
8: Wipe the area dry with a soft terry cloth towel, and allow the decal to dry at least overnight.
9: Check for any remaining bubbles, and if necessary, they can be pricked with a needle and then press a cloth over the area to push any water out from the needle hole. However, most bubbles will go away on their own after a few days of drying time...
10: Final step is to wash the entire area to remove any soap residue left from the application, rinse and allow to dry, then re-apply a good quality wax to the area to replace the wax that was removed originally.

Done properly, a decal should stay applied for years. I hope this helps if you need to apply any to your own vehicle.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Stripe

:) :) Cool, thanks for that info.  I made sure to clean the area thoroughly waited for it to dry, then applied the emblem sticker.

Looks so neat..   :)ThmbUp
Fredric,

dang it, just put mine on last weekend , that looks great  , mines either getting trimed in place or coming off and i'll get a new one D:oH!

Stripe

Well, just be careful if you decide to trim in place.. :)

Wait...  Your 007!  You've GOT to have a gadget in your watch that could do that for ya!
Fredric,

Stripe

Quick follow up:  The stickers are still there and no hint of peeling..
Fredric,