Anybody ever heard of a Pincore Generator

Started by pipefactory, April 28, 2013, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipefactory

Just wondering if anyone ever heard of this thing.  It used an iron Wisconsin twin.  It's in my 1976 Georgie Boy.  Didn't run when I got the RV.  The electric fuel pump was shot so I replaced it with a universal low pressure one from O'rriely auto parts.  After I got it running it got progressive worse.  I found that the choke spring in the carb was in backwards and would keep closing the choke as it warmed up.  It looked original like it was never opened up.  I don't think it has many hours on it.  Runs real nice now but real heavy.  I almost scrapped it till I found the problem.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

ClydesdaleKevin

Never heard of the generator, but I do know that Wisconsin was one darn fine engine...probably the best small engine of its day next to old Tecumseh engines.  Taken care of, they'll run forever and are easy to fix and keep tuned up.  Parts are easy to find as well and not all that expensive.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

mnoyes

i have a pincor....but i know nothing about it...po put it in....runs great so i have no complaints but i would like to at least  find out how big it is and a model number or somthing....its huge....2cyl..single carb.....enough power to run a/c and everything else without even a stutter......sorry im no help but any info on this would help me to

mnoyes

found the info plate...had to stick a camera in compartment and take a picture cause i cant wedge my big head in that far....its a 4500kw....plate says made by Pioneer motor company chicago ill...will post pics later...

Madathlon

After a quick search I found Pincor trademark reg and their current statute as a company

http://www.trademarkia.com/pincor-products-71473425.html

Sadly there long out of Biz.
Madathlon
   CWO4 Motor Pool Chief (retired)
   Onan Master Installer/Service Tech
   Mercury Marine Golden Wrench
   OMC Master Marine Tech
   ASE Master Tech

mnoyes

well just make sure i service it and baby the old girl.....hopefully alot of yrs still in her