Could use a few prayers myself

Started by DonD, April 10, 2013, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDxeper

We hear you, prayers your way.
JD
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Wantawinnie

Thinking of you. Hope 2nd times a charm.

moonlitcoyote

oh no, what happened, I thought you were getting better.

Lots of good vibes coming your way for a successful surgery

LJ-TJ

Man the hole gang is pulling for ya.  :)ThmbUp

joanfenn

Good thoughts and prayers your way.

DonD

About 12:15pm today my eye began to lose vision. I immediately called the emergency number and drove to meet the on call doc. The retina has begun to detach again, this time we'll use the silicon oil method...and continue to pray.

I was progressing but last night at bed time I saw some small flashes in that eye, not a good thing. Floaters have been forming too, another bad sign.

With the oil in place, the retina should stabilize. The main negative for oil is the requirement for a second surgery (usually) to replace it with watery fluid.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

LJ-TJ

Hang in there yeah got all of us on the edge of our seats pulling and praying for ya. Stiff upper lip and all that stuff.

Oz

I don't know much about these medical things but, we're glad you still have options.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

DonD

Out of surgery, ouchie but the maqic pills are working.   ???
Don and Mary

Oz

I think I see what you're saying...

Stripe

Lol, and I thought my pun was bad...
Fredric,

DonD

Groan...Not from the surgery   D:oH!     

Had a pretty good night, ready for hotel breakfast then off to my day.
Don and Mary

DonD

2nd post op checkup today. The retina is fully attached and once again I can read the large E on the chart and walk for a while using only the weak eye. Next check is the 14th.
Don and Mary

moonlitcoyote

Glad your  checkup went well, Keeping you in my prayers hoping the next check up goes just as well.

Stripe

Fredric,

DonD

Adapt, improvise, overcome.
Long ago I adopted this from Heartbreak Ridge.

Since my eyesight has been compromised, it has served me well. This morning I drove my 28' class A into town, parked in the supermarket lot and returned home to it's parking spot. Even got it right where it was within an inch or two side to side, right on front to rear!!
Don and Mary

joanfenn

JDxeper

Glad to here you are doing better and have improved vision. Good thoughts to you!
Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

Oz

Stripe

Fredric,

HandyDan

I am currently camping with a guy that just had the retina reattachment operation.  He says they pumped air (or some kind of gas) into the eyeball to press the retina back in place.  The air bubble has just about been absorbed and he can see better now, too.  It is amazing what they can do these days.  Good luck with your next checkup.  It just gets better and better!
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

DonD

Yes Dan, that's what was done the first time, now it's silicone oil.
Don and Mary

DonD

2 weeks post op. Occasional discomfort from the buckle but not too bad. Sight is a bit better each day and op eye's vision is slowly trying to line up with the good eye. Hopefully the double vision will soon be gone, no guarantees but life's like that. the pupil is starting to return to normal size, that may never happen but..
Now when I say better sight, I mean better than zero. I can read QWERTY from a foot away with enough light.
Because I'm looking through silicone oil things are a bit off. The oil should go eventually but once again, no guarantees.
Baby steps...
Don and Mary