Could use a few prayers myself

Started by DonD, April 10, 2013, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonD

Off to surgery today to correct a detached retina. Had cataract surgery 2 years ago and my right eye is loosing vision quickly. About 10 percent left right now, only the far right has vision. At least I have some side vision left. The prognoses for stopping the loss is good but the chance of gaining any vision is not.

I will be out of town for at least a week and on a laptop with who knows what service.

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Stripe

Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

I certainly hope and pray that, not only will the loss be stopped, but that any restorative measures are successful.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Wantawinnie

Wishing you a successful surgery and speed recovery.

DonD

Went well, 2 hrs. Not sore...yet..Doc seemed happy
Don and Mary

HandyDan

We're rooting for you.  Keep us posted. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

LJ-TJ

Let us know how you make out. We're pulling for you. :)ThmbUp

joanfenn

Thinking good thoughts your way.  Joan

DonD

Showered this morning, breakfast and just now a nice walk. Pretty sore, a wee bit of bruising but in the sun I can see my shadow and my feet etc! There is hope. Next Wed is doc appt then home I hope. Hotel life is getting old and expensive  :P 
Don and Mary

Oz

Good to hear!  There IS... no place like home.

DonD

With reading glasses on I can see my hand in very good detail from 2-3 in away!!! This has got to be a good thing   :D
Don and Mary

LJ-TJ

Well yeah had everyone on he edge of their seats. I could here a collective sigh  of relief when you posted. Looking good. Keep us posted.

moonlitcoyote

Glad to hear all is well and sounds like getting better too.

ClydesdaleKevin

Alright!  Patti and I were keeping you in our thoughts.  You be eagle-eyed again before you know it!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

DonD

Needed to get out for a bit, did a drive-through car wash and found a BK for lunch Sitting there munching, looking through my re-furbished eye...I can see people walking on the sidewalk, I can see cars passing! Not yet clear but I CAN SEE!!   I lost it right here, used up a few napkins before I left BK. I believe all prayers are answered, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Thank you Lord.
Don and Mary

joanfenn

Way to go Don.  Just go easy, you can't do everything in one day.  Still sending good thoughts your way.  Joan

JDxeper

Tumble Bug "Rollin in MO" (JD)

cosmic

I'm glad things are getting better. With those new eagle eyes you may be able to spot the good looking ones from 2 blocks away. :laugh: .

hope you have a speedy recovery.

DonD

Getting excited, doc visit tomorrow morning.  Every day the vision improves a tiny bit. A week ago this eye had no vision. Baby steps..
Don and Mary

Stripe

My stepdad had the same thing done. His sight improved as well, he drives Trucks to Ohio and back to NY.
Good to hear your getting better!
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Wantawinnie

Nice to hear your vision is improving. :)clap 

One day at a time.

DonD

Eye am home!

Got a great checkup from the doc. The next 3 months will show what's left. Right now eye can see the E  on the eye chart!
Don and Mary

Oz

Excellent... I can't make out the E... It looks like a B or an 8.

DonD

Well, here we go again. I must report for surgery tomorrow morning in Scottsdale. The first method has failed, this time a different techique will be used. Keep those thoughts coming!!
Don and Mary