dipstick for me? Mine has been 'repaired' by the previous owner and I think
it is a little short on the tip.

Thanks,
Pat

P.S.

Is the website always this slow? I can't even post on the message board. I'm
on a T3 internet line.

Sent: 10/25/2004 2:31 PM

Can't answer the first question, sorry but, no, the website is usually faster than a racoon with it's a** on fire.  It's good ol' MSN having yet another bad day. - Sob

Sent: 10/25/2004 2:34 PM

Well I wich the racoon's a** would catch fire again! ha ha.

Sent: 10/25/2004 2:40 PM

I agree!  It's gotten a little better since this morning but, I can't even think of opening the 4 windows I usually do to change the home page Featured Rig! 

HEY, DAVE DENISON!   How long is you dipstick?  We all want to know and... no exaggerating, ok? - Sob

Sent: 10/25/2004 2:47 PM

I think what I'll do since I just changed the oil is, drain it, put is 6 quarts and mark where it hits my dipstick and call that full!

Don't get into to big of a hurry measureing your dipstick, don't want to poke an eye out or anything.

I am curious to know how long they should be though, seriously!

Sent: 10/27/2004 9:17 AM

If you change the filter with the oil , I think you need to add 7 quarts of oil and then run the engine and allow oil to drain down back into the pan for a while ( 1/2 hour or so ) then check the level and mark the stick . Sea Hag 

Sent: 10/27/2004 12:11 PM

My 413s engine dipstick is 46.25 from the ferrule that rides on the end of the tube down to the filler mark, and another inch to the very end.