Rick & Brenda Shaw

Started by Oz, March 31, 2013, 01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

I am asking for special prayer and thoughts for friends of ours: Richard & Brenda Shaw. They are long time CWVRV members who attended the 1st CW Jamboree in 2003 and also the Nittany Mountain Jamboree in 2005.

While traveling in Elysburg, PA to look at an RV last monday, they were in a serious car accident involving a tractor trailer truck.   The truck rear-ended them and they were crushed against the dash, their vehicle being rammed into one in front of them as well.   

They are at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA, both in critical condition with more bones broke than not. Brenda is out of ICU, but Rick is not and has more surgeries to come.  Their daughter, Kiana, had wanted to come with them but they told her no.  Kiana got pretty mouthy with them about it but, it's a good thing she did not go as the back seat of the car was pushed into the front seats. 

They have had some exceptionally difficult trials over the last few years as it is and this accident is most overwhelming for them.  Their recovery will be slow and very painful, especially for Rick, who, among many other injuries, has a broken eye socket, two broken feet, a compound fracture in his leg and broken back and pelvis.  Brenda has numerous injuries as well, both rib cages with several broken ribs, and her sternum is broken.     

In view of these horrible injuries and the incredible impact of the truck, I thank the Lord for His protective hand and that they made it out of this accident alive.     Thank you all for your heart-felt thoughts and prayers.   - Mark
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Stripe

Prayers said and sent.  Get Well Soon!
Any news how the little girl is doing?
CMM500
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

Thankfully, Kiana wasn't allowed to go on the trip.  She and the rest of the family are pretty shook up and trying to cope as best they can.

joanfenn

Thinking good thoughts and sending prayers,  We don't know them personally but if they belong to this group they must be good people.  Get well soon.

DonD

Prayers sent, our thoughts are with the Shaw family.
Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

Froggy1936

God Bless and rapid healing !  God is watching over the young one !
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

cosmic

Heart breaking.
Wishing for a speedy recovery for the both of them. May God be with them over the  Easter weekend and through out their recovery.

moonlitcoyote

Many wishes for a speedy recovery, keeping them both and their family in my prayers.

ibdilbert01

Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

joanfenn

After reading the account of the accident, they must have had GOD riding shotgun.  Speedy recovery you two.  Thinking of you and sending more prayers your way.

LJ-TJ

Hey Mark if you have any contact with them, let them know Lauren and T.J. were asking after them and wishing them well.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Our prayers are with them and wish them a short recovery.

Georgia and I were reminded just how quickly misfortune can fall upon you just this past Thursday night.  If we had been just 5 seconds later coming into town here we would have been involved in a head-on collision with a police car that lost control during a high speed chase.  As it was, I barely manged to get off to a sliver of the road to the right as the police car slide sideways past me and then ran broadside into a sharp embankment.  Officer and his K-9 dog only suffered minor enjuries.  We are still not settled down from being rattled by that incident.
http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2013/03/middletown-officer-suffers-minor-injuries-in-chase-crash-1.php

Front end of his vehicle is sitting in my lane.  There is only a 2ft wide shoulder to the guard rail at that point. 

Everyone please drive safely and watch out for all those crazies out there.

Dave and Georgia
[move][/move]

Lefty

Best wishes for a speedy, and full recovery for both.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Oz

Some photos have been posted on facebook - Brenda looks really bad... Rick... he's broken in so many places - my heart really aches for them. 

LJ-TJ

Anything for us neophytes that don't do Titter or Face book? Hm?

moonlitcoyote

How do I find them on facebook?

Oz

Elandan2

Rick & Brenda, Hoping for a speedy recovery.  Rick And Tracy Ellerbeck
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

moonlitcoyote

Well their facebooks are set to private so... More prayers and wishes for a complete and speedy recovery.

ClydesdaleKevin

Prayers and good thoughts sent of course.  Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Kev and Patti
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Just caught their updates on facebook.  Brenda is doing better and is actually able to be moved around in a geri-chair.  Rick is also beginning to recover and has been moved out of ICU.  All things considered, they seem to be in pretty good spirits and Rick is actually able to eat without assistance.  Bless you all for your continuing care and support. 

joanfenn

That is great to hear.  Keep thinking those positive thoughts.

Stripe

Thank goodness! Great News!
Fredric,
Captain of the Ground Ship "Aluminum Goose"
28' Holiday Rambler Imperial 28

Oz

Brenda called today and Tambra said she's sounding more like herself.  She's good enough to be moved to the rehab center but Rick is still a few days from being able to as well.  In spite of the pain, they are toughing it through like champs.

joanfenn

Good to hear.  Thanks for the update.