planning first trip

Started by ClassCKing, February 21, 2013, 12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClassCKing

Havent been on in a while.this past year the wife was sick with grave disease so are campn plans were set back.  But her and the doctor have gotten her on a even kiel, so i have been tol, and i quote, "were are GOING camping in April for our first trip!".  I'm not gonna argue with that..

This past year i did some upgrades, fixed some things to keep busy.  We recarpeted the front, installed a digital attenna ,new spice rack, picked up 2 maxx air vents from the thrift store for 3$ ea. a coat of paint and look like new, got a 5 bike holder bike rack 20$ for a different store ,retiled the back splash, and resealed the roof did some odds and ends. 

Took the house battery area and installed a small buss bar and rerouted the wires through it this way it cleans it up plus if i need to change a fuse better accessible.

All that is left to do is the new electronic fuel pump and rear new shocks and deciding if i want to change the clearence lights over to LED or replace them with the same kind .Weve decided to do short trips to see how things go,than later some longer ones.
fishn.hikin,etc; rvin hat

LJ-TJ

Good stuff, sounds like lots of fun. What's that old saying you have to learn to crawl before you walk and you have to learn to walk before you run. The first lesson you learned is when she say's we're going camping....your going camping. :)clap

Oz

It's really good to hear the Mrs. is well enough spirits to demand to enjoy life, no "ifs ands or buts"! 

You sure did "keep busy".  You really did get a lot done.

Most of all, we're glad you're back, making way and ready to go camping again in your vintage RV!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClassCKing

well lj in the kitchen she has a little sign that says...he may rule the roost-but i rule the rooster...but i cant wait to get out of town for a while even for a day or two..the upgrades actually"went" better than i thought..the hardest part was trying to find the right part at the store.let me refrase that..the part that i wanted... :D
fishn.hikin,etc; rvin hat

ClydesdaleKevin

Awesome!  Can't wait to read about some of your adventures!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.