Our New Winnie - Pictures Finally

Started by 73WinnieIndian, January 24, 2013, 02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73WinnieIndian

Okay, so we had another 73 Winnebago D22 years ago and after a bad trip my husband sold it.

So we really missed it and searched to really find one that was in good condition body and interior wise. This is what we got.

73WinnieIndian

Okay, so not cool.....I just wrote out a bunch of stuff and then the picture was too big and it ate my whole post.  :'(

I'm just not feeling it now.  N:(

Will try to change those darn pics and re-post them.   

73WinnieIndian

Floral cushions, PO dream. Me...not so much. I'm thinking just use it till it wears out and you know what?  It's not bright orange or lime green. haha  So for me, that's a plus. Just not sure what goes with it, if anything. Would rather have some neutrals with a flash of color.

Still, at least it came with new cushions. We can always slip coat them or something down the line.
The kitchen is all re-done in white and stainless. Except the fridge. We have a new large fridge and freezer. Very happy Mama. The stove and oven are nice and clean.

PO worked for an RV place and re-did just about everything inside for us and didn't Micky Mouse it all. So that is GREAT!.

He put a trailer hitch in the front...reason being the tires melted off the bikes when in the back. (I laughed just a bit, but if it was my bike, I would not be happy)

Oh, we have a nice bunk over the drivers seat that lowers down. Most RV's we saw were missing this.

The owner did a lot of nice things. He wired all the speakers up, added storage, new lights, new table, coach area, etc.

As soon as I can figure out how to turn my pictures back upright and bring them down in size I will post more.

73WinnieIndian

Towing it home.
Now Johnny REALLY wanted to drive it home. It was just short of 100 miles away. Within AAA tow limit for free.

It was cheaper to tow it home and not pay gas and we Had to be able to drive it into the back yard.

So if it broke down on the way home....very possible as it had been sitting way too long, we would not be able to maneuver  it in our back parking area. So we towed it home.

LJ-TJ

:)rotflmao Nice cushions. Kidding just kidding. Nice looking rig. :)clap

Oz

For many, the best part of owning a classic Eyebrow Winnie is customizing it to fit your tastes.  It's a lot of fun.  For me, it was as much fun as driving and camping in it!

:)   :)ThmbUp

A tip on the photos... make a photo album in the gallery.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

73WinnieIndian

I hear you Mark and we are planning on customizing it, yet what is really cool is PO has done a lot to it as well. So we don't have to re-wire and do all that over again. Also, he did a lot of things that we did in our old rig.

We have done it once and it is nice to have some of it done.

We will be re-doing it as we go for sure, yet at least we can use it and it works and we can pace ourselves.

Some of the rigs we have seen needed so much work, it was crazy. Lots of water damage too, where a lot would have to be replaced. I am creative and a hard worker, but some of them are a full time job. We wanted a solid shell and we got way more than that.

One of them had rats all in it and they had chewed all the wires. We looked at a lot of RV's to find the right one for us.

Lefty

Looks like a great rig!! I'm sure you and your family will get a lot of fun out of i.
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

Oz

It's hard to tell from the pic but, it looks like the aluminum skin under the beltline (below the molding strip) has been stripped and polished?  It would be the first time I've seen that and I'd thought of doing that myself if I'd have had chrome bumpers.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

73WinnieIndian

Sorry for the lag Mark. It is the aluminum X plates. PO put it on and Johnny said okay kinda cool.

He only did one side, but gave us the piece to finish the other side.

Our front bumper is white.

I was looking through the pictures. Someone else had the chrome and the white. I kinda like the white. Plus easier to re-do it if it gets scratched or something. We'll see.

Our old Winnie was a total surf mobile.

Going to head over to give more info on the engine re-build.

73WinnieIndian

Diamond plate, that's the name of the stuff. Geez...brain fade.