Building a rolling tray for Generator

Started by LJ-TJ, January 08, 2013, 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Cosmic,

I see your a mobile welder. Do you have access to rolling drawer trays. You know like kitchen draws but heavy duty? Heavy enough to put your generator on and roll it in and out of your generator bay. Hm?

cosmic

cant see it to be a problem to build a rolling tray. whats the reasoning. (cooling? or working on it?)

ClydesdaleKevin

Working on it!  If you can roll it out on a tray, it will make maintenance and repairs and tune ups a BREEZE!  Pain in the butt if its fixed or on the lower tilt out set up like ours.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

I have a rolling tray for mine which makes it fantastic to work on however the reason I ask is I'm looking to make my battery tray so it rolls out. If you look in your generator bay the base should be made of metal. If you look underneath you should see to bolts and nuts one on each side towards the front. Unbolt them and your tray should slide out. But after that,look a welding rollers in makes all the difference in the world

LJ-TJ

This what your battery bay should look like. Second picture shows the bolts and the third is what it looks like with the tray out.

LJ-TJ

This is with the sliding tray. The first pic is the tray. The second is with the generator in and then with it slid out.

cosmic

thats the exact unit. and my electrical looks the same as well. I called my buddy who owns a big name tool truck and he said he can get me the rollers for cheap. 200lb or 400lb and 18 or 24 inch when i get the price i'll pm ya and if ya want them i'll get them for ya. and meet up with you on a later day.
i think i will do both at the same time. that battery tray is a pain. hoping its a 20 dollar fix.
thanks for the pics.

ibdilbert01

My battery tray rolls out and in with very easy force, its rollers look like standard bearings and I suspect that was factory for 1970.
Constipated People Don't Give a crap!

moonlitcoyote

I wish my generator would slide out. I may have to look into building something like that when I get into fixing it. The starter froze up on it or something.