Fishing Rod Holder Ideas Needed

Started by joanfenn, January 08, 2013, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joanfenn

As I sit here watching the snow blow outside with a promise of more on the way, my thoughts are once again turning to the motor home and trailer sitting out back.  We did quite a few short trips last year with both and discovered that we didn't really have a great idea for storing the fishing rods when we moved from one campsite to the next.  Apart from putting them on the bed or standing them up in the bathtub we thought that the best thing would be to somehow mount them on the ceiling.  Not enough room on the walls because of the cupboards.  Does anyone have any ideas that uses the ceiling that we could borrow? Hm?

LJ-TJ

You could store these tubes width wise depending on top or the bottom of your rear bumper or even on the roof on the out side. There made of PVC pipe with screw on ends that you can buy at any Home Depot or Lowe's.

Froggy1936

Lets see if i can send ya an idea  Frank

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

joanfenn

Thanks.  I thought of those broom holder thingys but never thought of a board with holes at the handle end.  that is a good idea.  Might have to borrow that one.

joanfenn

I like the tube idea also.  I am going to keep these ideas in my project binder so I won't get bored in the spring.  God knows what I could think of hubby to do in his spare time. :)rotflmao

moonlitcoyote

I want to use the tube idea on the roof, just have to come up with a way to mount them. I'm tired of having to take the fishing rods out of the bathtub to shower. How many rods fit in each, just one with the reel attached? We have 5 rods and dont want to have to take the reels off each time we move.

LJ-TJ

Well it's not a great picture but if you look at the rear corner just behind the bumper and just at the edge of the generator bay you'll see the white cap of my fishing tube. I used plumbers strapping and mounted my tubes up under the motorhome. The end was flush with the rear of the motorhome so all I had to do was unscrew the end cap. Easy access and up out of the way.

moonlitcoyote

Thats an awesome idea LJ, I will have to check underneath and see if we have room, for 4 rods we will probably need 4 pipes.

DaveVA78Chieftain

TJ has a short 21ft rig with not much rearend overhang.  Make sure you would not rip tube off if mounted underneath whe exiting a gas station that has a deep rain culvert.

Dave
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

See,see that's why we have you around Dave. We think of it and you make it fit right. Forgot all about the over hand stuff. Go one. :)ThmbUp I've never had trouble but I can see where that would be a problem it you had a longer over hang.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Lets just say I have bent rear bumpers on my 27ft rig and leave it at that   :-[

Dave
[move][/move]

Lefty

My sister's driveway STILL has an inch deep gouge running about 4' long where the bottom of my trailer ball on my hitch dug in...lol
Kept the bumper from hitting the ground though :)

I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...