Alternative Generator to the Onan

Started by LJ-TJ, November 20, 2012, 08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan Itasca

mine has a non working Kohler 5500 onboard, I picked up a eu2000 Honda off craiglst for $600 last summer. It was a race to the guys house to go buy it, and I won . I love that thing, I even had to use it for three days at the house after a wind storm knocked out power by throwing trees across the power lines. I was able to power both fridges and the chest freezer, the tv/cable box and a few lights in the house with no problem  and I left it inside the back garage and you couldn't even hear it.

1978 Itasca 27RT - RIP
1992 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 30E

joev

I know where there is 2 Onan generators for sale they want $700 each i think  they are 4k
they are located at Eds Salvage  in Ontario Canada

LJ-TJ

i?? You should be able to find a 4.0  in good working condition for around $100.00 to $300.00. I'm in South Western Ontario. A friend of mine just picked up a pair for $100.00 bucks each. If your not in a hurry there out there.

joev

thanks i will keep looking for one

treeman

piorun

I don't flight system part. I bought replacement board from them for my generator. It did not work. I was ready to trow away my unit and buy something us. Finally I found original onan board on ebay for $200 and bought it. My generator works like a champ now. Flight system board did not work for me.