Another Survivor

Started by Surfinhurf, November 09, 2012, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surfinhurf

Howdy,

Just found the board while looking for parts.

I own a 1977 Brave.  I bought it in 2004 from my father-in-law(Dick) who bought it in 1980.  My wife camped in it when she was a kid.  Ive been camping in it with her family since 1982, we were married in 1987 and used it as our "Limo" to leave the church (can you see how red my neck is yet?)  Our first born was conceived in it in 1993. (long story short, I was on a temp assignment in Nebraska, my wife and parents drove the Winne to Cali to see her sister, they stopped in Lincoln for the nite,,,,,,)

Dick retired in 2000 and bought a new 3/4 diesel and a pickup camper for a 3 month tour to Alaska.  The Brave sat in his barn for 4 years until he decided to sell it.  My wife couldn't bare to see it go,,soooooooo.

We camp mostly in Michigan State Parks.
I flat tow a 1982 CJ7

I have replaced:
Roof top air
fridge
Grey/Black tanks
Water heater
added microwave above stove
toilet
newly rebuilt Olds 455

To Do
New gear ratio in rear end
lower aluminum siding oxidation
new carpet/tile
comfortable seats
fuel gauges don't work
furnace rebuild/replace

HURF

LJ-TJ

Aw man where's the pictures  :laugh: Welcome aboard there's always room for another Crazy. :)rotflmao

ClydesdaleKevin

Welcome to the best vintage RV forum on the planet!  We tow a 91 YJ Sahara ourselves.  Read the new member rules, and if you can't find answers to your questions, then please ask away!

And yep, we love pictures!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.